Tungsten-Carbide Removable Boots/Tyre Studs

TRADITIONAL LOGGERS

Some folks have asked on the lifespan of these studs which are durable so I will upload a couple of pictures this evening to show new and used for over 14 months to compare.

Some new all season products are due out soon I think and a test batch might be available to someone.

Snow in many areas again. The picture is the HM11.

5976596748eb8_TESTSPIKES010.jpg.1f81531da23fda57b6e4b5a4b1de0b51.jpg

• 1 month later...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, I have been using standard tyre studs for many years and when you remove them (with a specific device called destudding gun) in order to go on driving with the same tyres, the rubber around the studs has melted so that it sticks to the studs. So i was wondering how could altered swrewed studs be removed and used again as they state on their website. Has anyone tried that yet? Any answers greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone, I have been using standard tyre studs for many years and when you remove them (with a specific device called destudding gun) in order to go on driving with the same tyres, the rubber around the studs has melted so that it sticks to the studs. So i was wondering how could altered swrewed studs be removed and used again as they state on their website. Has anyone tried that yet? Any answers greatly appreciated!

Standard fixed studs "upside down T" move around in a pre drilled hole compared to screw in studs. If you remove the normal studs then some damage is caused to the tyre as the flat edge is sharp. (designed to hold the stud in) I will try and take some pics to show. The screw in ones can be removed in a simple method and used again with no issues.

I am in the process of producing some addition studs in the UK due to interest from various customers.

• 5 months later...
We decided last season to wholesale Tungsten-Carbide Removable Boots/Tyre Studs in the UK and Ireland as a side line because of experience in the woods with the standard non removable mild steel studs which became worn out in no time at all.

The current weather is making business life difficult for those even with 4x4's so if you would like more info I can post here and I am placing a large bulk order on Friday to Sweden.

(We have had two sets of HM 11's in chainsaw/work boots since September last year with no wear at all) Some HM30 and HM15 are being used in Scotland on large tractors/Land Rovers involved with snow clearance.

:thumbup:

HI, did any body try these on there boots,are you still doing them????:001_smile:

• 1 month later...