Tungsten-Carbide Removable Boots/Tyre Studs

TRADITIONAL LOGGERS

We decided last season to wholesale Tungsten-Carbide Removable Boots/Tyre Studs in the UK and Ireland as a side line because of experience in the woods with the standard non removable mild steel studs which became worn out in no time at all.

The current weather is making business life difficult for those even with 4x4's so if you would like more info I can post here and I am placing a large bulk order on Friday to Sweden.

(We have had two sets of HM 11's in chainsaw/work boots since September last year with no wear at all) Some HM30 and HM15 are being used in Scotland on large tractors/Land Rovers involved with snow clearance.

:thumbup:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How thick a boot sole do you need to use the studs? Would they work OK on a quality welly (Muck book 'Humber')?

Also, how many are needed per tyre and how quick do they wear on gritted roads (might be preferable to taking snow chains on and off)

Very interested- been meaning to get something similar all year, of course it gets put off and put off until suddenly the snow comes and you need them!

Thanks for the interest. The product does not wear out for a long time. (Several long seasons) It is very simple to install with a special tool and a cordless drill/airline drill.

The main swedish website is Snökedjor, Skruvdubb, Slirskydd, Snökedja & Isdubb/isdubbar | MaxiGrip where there is basic info and a video showing installation.

I have a PDF and prices if folks PM an E-mail address. (100 PM,s max I think:001_rolleyes:)

Not sure how to load pics on the forum but will have a go.:confused1:

Basic Price is:-

25 of HM11's including tool is £17.65 + Postage and VAT

100 of HM11's " " " £55.88 " " "

200 of HM15's 114.71

Should be around 50 studs in each 7.50 x 16 Land Rover tyre and 100 in tractor treads. Boots between 24 and 33 depending on use.

Edited by TRADITIONAL LOGGERS
Pics

How much is a box of 1000 suitable for a 4x4 MT tyre? I have a set General Grabber MT 33" tryes on my truck which are 'pre-drilled' so studs can be easily fitted.

General-Grabber-MT-zoom.jpg

Normal fitment on large tyres is 100 each unless in extreme conditions then 200 should do. HM15 is the most suitable however you cannot install Maxi Grip screw studs into these pre drilled holes as these are for factory installed non removable studs which are an upside down "T" shape with washer type base.

It would be possible to install alongside in the lugs. "Removable" means you can be legal during summertime and install again for several snow/ice seasons. No need to purchase two expensive sets of wheels/tyres.

PM the E-mail and I can send full PDF info like I have done to several folks already and my contact details.

A box of 200 HM 15's are around £114 + postage and VAT.

Edited by TRADITIONAL LOGGERS
More info.