Hypnotherapy

LancsMike

Evenin' all,

Anyone else given it a bash ? Heard from a lot of friends and even family that it's well worth a look into to quit smoking and gotta say its working wonders - On my 3rd day no cigarettes, no patches no nicotine inhaler nothing and no craving for them. Other people smoking around me just makes me want to walk away and get fresh air.. pretty bizarre going from a 20 a day habit to that but no complaints - I'm already feeling the benefits of it.

Just curious if anyone else has tried it out for other ailments and did it work for them ?

Sorted my life out:thumbup1:, the hypnotherapy is just the cherry ontop of the cake after a good chat and little bit of annalysis from an expert, all they are doing is changing the way you think about things, untangling a few cross wires that happen along the way:laugh1:. Good for you for quitting smoking.:thumbup1:

Cheers mate :thumbup:

I'm even more chuffed because my mums looking at trying it too now after seeing the effects, she's been smoking for 37-38 years now and for ages the same old arguments of '' Ah I've been smoking too long.. '' have been thrown up, yet now shes really wanting to knock them on the head. Just goes to show no ones too old to throw the habit :biggrin:

What did it help you with Stephen ? If you don't mind me asking mate

Alternative Therapy? If it works for you then go for it!

I had a go with Reiki (hands on healing) for a load of back pain, it worked, don't know how, but it worked.

The girl doing it told me that I had a big aura:blushing::001_tt2:

I gave up the fags through brute force and ignorance recently, no aids, no help. (Apart from pleurisy, chest infection and a partially collapsed lung!)

Good Luck to your Mum too.

Edited by PeteB
spelling

Thanks mate,

So how does Reiki work ? I had a quick gander earlier today - is it just healing hands or do they do other stuff too ?

Nice one on quitting as well PeteB - I gave cold turkey a bash a few years back lasted for a few months but ended up picking up again second I got stressed out, it's a copout I know but an honest one :laugh1: Do you still struggle with cravings here n there or does it not bother you at all now ?

I was attacked by six dogs when I was three and that gave me a really bad phobia of them. When I was ten I was hypnotised for it, went in hating dogs and came out liking them, amazing!

Well done for what you're doing chap, and good luck to your mum!

Hey Mike,

No fags is early days yet, I still crave then I smell some smoker and think "That stinks" and put aside the craving. I believe that I will always think I'm a smoker who is taking a break from it right now, that way I will not feel defeated if I ever start again!

With regards to Reiki, I don't how it works but the person who does it has some "inner healing powers" possibly through spiritualism. (What that means I don't rightly know!) but it is a form of hands-on healing which aids the bodies healing process to overcome pain etc. Total sceptic but it did work for me!

I am a believer in most alternative therapies on the basis that they cannot hurt you so give it a go!

Cheers