Fungi slideshow

SJH

:thumbup1:Thanks for the link SJH some handy tools there.I still haven't photographed my finished bowls yet, but will get around to it. I do have some nice bits of oak that I want to have a go at so I can get going now.

I've thrown in my most uber autumnal shot I could find, by way of making up for my derailing of your autumn theme:001_smile:

597658ab31ade_Delamere030.jpg.2fa4d27903cc84855e031374fd6ea178.jpg

Hi SJH didn't get a chance last night to reply. Thanks for posting the other link, which raises a question. The Svante knives in the second link are roughly twice the price of the 'hook' knives in the first link.

You gets what you pays for with tools and I'm a big believer in not scrimping in this department, but do you have a preference from experience?

The oak I have is from the wood pile, I pick up a split log and think... too nice to burn, gonna whittle it:001_smile: but I appreciate it may be hard going.

Have only done two by the way (recently anyway) and a spoon which has dissapeared, so the build up is a bit daunting for when I eventually photo and post them.:001_smile: One is from a seasoned oak log but done with a mallet and curved chissel and the other hollowed out by burning as in previous pic.

The Svante knives are very nice tools, infact all the tools by Svante are quality, but I would still look at getting the Frosts spoon knife, the single edged ones are better than the double edged. The Frosts are good, when you have the hang of using and sharpening them, get the Svante. I have both and still use both.

The burning method is a good way of doing the bowls.