Carbon Footprint

melvyn

Where i am part of a county council everyone has to attempt to cut down on carbon dioxide producing activities. Driving, leaving lights on,etc. Its so frustrating when we are doing tree work and a member of the public screams at you. They would scream at ya if the tree nearly hit someone as well. Its normally a lose:lose situation with us. We keep tabs on how much fuel we put in our trucks and how many miles we did before it needed filling up again. Once a month we put a tank of optimal fuel through the system to clear the pipes and to generally make the vehicles run better. The highways dept are trying to get us to have these so called "super fuel efficent tyres" put on all countryside vehicles. The trouble is we need tyres with a bit of bite to get us to where we are working.

Exactly. Thats why we have gone for these beauties. The boss isnt too keen on them but i have come up with a good excuse for it. "If we have eco-hippy tyres we won't be able to do any monument management work as we wouldnt be able to get on site. We need something with some serious bite to it."

Ratings, reviews and specifications for Cooper Discoverer Radial STT TEK3 tires

P.S. For the tax payers it isnt that much.

Exactly. Thats why we have gone for these beauties. The boss isnt too keen on them but i have come up with a good excuse for it. "If we have eco-hippy tyres we won't be able to do any monument management work as we wouldnt be able to get on site. We need something with some serious bite to it."

Ratings, reviews and specifications for Cooper Discoverer Radial STT TEK3 tires

P.S. For the tax payers it isnt that much.

Thanks For posting that Matt , i now feel much better about driving the mog down to pick uo the fish and chips :thumbup:

Lol. What made me spray my tea across the desk is when the boss said "Why has the Mitsubishi been tuned up? It doesnt help cutting the carbon footprint." My response was" Well you wanted it chipped. As you said the engine was underpowered in comparison to the 3 litre Ranger. But now the Mitsubishi is far superior off road, thanks both to the jack up suspension and the slight engine tweak."

Lol. What made me spray my tea across the desk is when the boss said "Why has the Mitsubishi been tuned up? It doesnt help cutting the carbon footprint." My response was" Well you wanted it chipped. As you said the engine was underpowered in comparison to the 3 litre Ranger. But now the Mitsubishi is far superior off road, thanks both to the jack up suspension and the slight engine tweak."

Would you happen to have any pics of Said Vehicle for our perusal ??:thumbup:

I do. It doesnt look jacked up but it only has a 2 inch lift kit. It has its old BFG AT tyres on there. As the pics were taken last winter. The bfg tyres had been on there since we had it which is about 3 years. But like said it dont look jacked up but it is. Its a bit roly poly in the bends and like all rear wheel drive pick ups it can be a tad skittish on the back end. Even if we are being careful not to get the rear going.

And to reduce our carbon footprint further we only clean it at the beginning of spring and mid-way thru autumn.

030.jpg.65db2d94320ef00109591392b06187b4.jpg

027.jpg.c4d15569c0368d6b9433bb47d0739791.jpg

026.jpg.3fed17622deed9327484925f41c3d621.jpg

005.jpg.8701e1f36a50effe0585266a879e6c2d.jpg

004.jpg.ffa0e09a8ca1aa2e4999ef97cc1cb35c.jpg

Edited by Matthew Arnold