carving course?

MarshallArb

• 3 weeks later...

Want to learn how to carve?........Carve! It takes some repetition over time, to develop a mindset that is able to see things in "Reflief." That is the ability to intuitively anticipate what chunks or portions to remove in order to allow another portion to be revealed. That takes practice that only your "Head and Hand" can do. Like learning to ride a bike. I can tell you all the tricks in the world about bike riding, but how do I explain to you the dynamics of balance and workings of the human inner ear and spacial and balance judgement....I can't. You gotta get on the bike...you gotta fall, over and over but, before the day is over, You'll be riding that bike. Everyone here has made their fair share of Kindling that was once a high hoped attempt. Try this, Carve it out of a large Potato first with a kitchen knife. Then go to a large chunk of wood. Do not give up. Desire is half the battle.

• 11 months later...