cubic log nets

mikeyg

does anybody use cubic log nets that sit on pallets. if so how the hell do you fill them without them spreading and overlappping over the edge of the pallet.

the picture is looks ideal but they never come out like that. any pictures or advice would be much appreciated. ta

pic_cubic_log_nets_big.jpg.0798a88ea3da4718af23d028b760af6a.jpg

yep we did a few hundred this year to try out, weve got hte frame etc, and they still slouched over the pallet, plus not UV stable so need to be away from daylight. didnt stack very well either, although we did manage about 2 high in the yard, but a bit of a faff compared to the cubic vented bags that can be reused

great idea and virtually free, i will have to go round the field and pull up some of the wire thats wasting under the hedge and have a go -

LOVE THE LARCH! orange is the new black

hows its going FWM- good to hear from you again since apf - all the best joy.

all is good, nearly sold out of larch, so need to split more.

how was you little one after getting stung, those wasps were a pain all day at apf, and once again i left without buying anything:thumbdown:

so as not to derail - i think the cubic nets now sold by maurice at bag supplies are a green colour at apf and they looked a better shape to them to hold up better inthe frame

p.s. firewoodman - tom was ok once i found the afterbite stuff, we hardly had chance to look round which was probably a good thing on reflection - i like the briquettes have you made them yourself? and dont forget if ever passing the midlands pop in for a coffee - all the best joy - pm me if you like

I should have patented the fencing idea. Started doing it last year. Using new fencing it costs about £3 for each net. Only downside is that they take up a lot of space when empty. I tried the cube nets last year, they are a faf to fill tidy enough to get them to stack, but mine were UV stable ones so they did last, and they do look nice.

I should have patented the fencing idea. Started doing it last year. Using new fencing it costs about £3 for each net. Only downside is that they take up a lot of space when empty. I tried the cube nets last year, they are a faf to fill tidy enough to get them to stack, but mine were UV stable ones so they did last, and they do look nice.

credit for the fencing will have to go to grey git on here, posted it 2-3 yrs ago

tried them all and settled for this

stockfencing!!!!! UV stable and can stack 3 high, if they break you repair with some more wire:thumbup1:

and look logbaron....... its full of larch:thumbup:

have you tacked the wire to the pallet?

I made a few of these but wrapped the wire around the edge of the pallet then stapled it to secure.

excellent for drying green wood but a pain in the a**e to tip out into the truck. ok if you have rotating pallet forks though.

have now settled on the vented bags as they are easier to tip out.

I just started using the pallet and sheep wire method.Works blinking fantastic!

As mentioned it's a pain in the butt to empty into trailer or truckbed.

I stabled mine round bottom,stable as a rock.usually tip them over by hand in back of pickup.I use a block and tackle and Scafold frame and strops to lift them up.Need a tractor with forks before my backs screwed completly