Help with Assignment

Alex Reid

Hello everyone,

I have recently received an assignment in which I am to investigate something of my choice.

For my assignment I have chosen to investigate the History of Husqvarna chainsaws from when they started making chainsaws in the 1950's until the present day looking at the development of them and what has changed and moved on in the way of safety features. I am allowed to ask others for information as long as I reference them within my assignment.

So please ladies and gents any information you could give me would be of great help please private message me any info as I will need your full name in order to reference it or ideally the original author of the document and when it was published

Regards

Alex

Not an easy subject.

Since Andreas Stihl invented the chainsaw as we know it in 1926 and Husqvarna did not get around to making one until 1959.

With all his patents Stihl had the world to himself untill the second world war when other countries cancelled the patents & American manufacturers began churning out copies. Stihl's factories were also destroyed in the war, but by 1948 had rebuilt & again taken the lead

Husqvarna seem to have succeded through innovation.

1969 Husqvarna brought out the Model 180, the first chainsaw with an anti-vibration device.

1970s, the company continued to introduce new chainsaws, including models that were lighter and easier to use.

1973 The first chainsaw with an automatic chain break.

1980 that was made with composite materials instead of metal, which resulted in a much lighter saw.

Read more: The History of the Husqvarna Chainsaw | eHow.co.uk The History of the Husqvarna Chainsaw | eHow.co.uk

Just been set the same assignment mate, the subject i have chosen is work vehicles and chippers, lots of issues with towing and things any ideas on how much a trailer towing ticket is? rather alot i think im interested in vehicle mounted chippers im wondering if this could solve any problems with maneuvering etc.. should be interesting.

That great thankyou very much I have just e-mailed Husqvarna as well try and get some good stuff out of them.

Thats the best thing you can do i have something like what your having to do and so i e-mailed stihl and They sent me a little pack of the history of the company

Best of luck

Thats the best thing you can do i have something like what your having to do and so i e-mailed stihl and They sent me a little pack of the history of the company

Best of luck

For a less Stihl biased view of the early history of the chainsaw, there is some interesting stuff in "Barnacle Parp's Chainsaw Guide" by Walter Hall, published 1973 in the US & I dont think it was ever reprinted. Covers Stihl's invention & US manufacturers who copied the early ones. Husqvarna hardly gets a mention.

If you PM me I can post you a photocopy, or email a scan.