Tirfor Winch

woodland

If anyone's interested I have a TIRFOR T516D WINCH WITH 20M WIRE CABLE AND OPERATING HANDLE for sale, I bought it 3 years ago brand new, its in immaculate condition, as you expect from a winch that has only been worked a half dozen times.

If anyone's interested PM me I want £300 for it

We use Yaletrac 1600kg winches. We brought one from a real shop that has spares and can LOLER them unlike internet stuff!. We used and abused it for a few years on remote emergency callouts pulling trees out of water or out of other trees and the odd stuck vehicle. It paid for itself time and again and only weighed 14 kgs without cable so very easy to get about the worksite and when we thought it was worn out we brought another one as we needed one today! ( but they fixed it in a few days so we now have two!)

We have used Tirfor 800 which dont have the power and 3200 that are too big and cumbersome in my opinion.

1800 kg swl and a pulley block you wont go wrong.

Just be carefull as the forces involved are very large and not easily seen when moving things!

An 1800kg swl (lift) will give you a much larger pull when dealing with things being dragged on the ground. Its about the same as a 12000lbs (5400kg) winch on a vehicle.

• 2 months later...