Newbie what's it worth question.

Simon T

Hi Guys, my first post so be gentle please.

I’m not a pro like you guys, but have used saws on a regular basis for the last 30 yrs or so. I’ve never sold a saw until now…but the truth is I don’t know how much a reasonable price is.

The story is: Last year I got a Husky 390XP for some large wood that needed dropping. Ten tanks of gas later it destroys itself by breaking the con rod which was messy as you can imagine. I returned it to the dealer and after a little bottom lip quivering, Husky came good as gold and paid for a total rebuild since it turns out they forgot to include a widget or something during manufacture.

I got a used MS660 to fill the gap while the 390XP was in the shop and to be honest I prefer it to Husky hence my question regarding the 390.

Not being a pro I can’t afford, nor do I need a biggish saw sitting on the shelf gathering dust. It’s had three tanks of gas since the rebuild, no dings dents or scratches, comes with two original bars 20” and 28” with brand new un-used Oregon 73LPX chains. If I stuff it on flea bay, what would do you reckon a reasonable reserve would be? I don’t want to stitch anyone up but neither do I want to get had over.

Your professional opinions would be most welcome.

Cheers

ST.

Put it on the bay - starting price of 99p, start the listing on Thursday evening around 9-10pm on a TEN day listing. Make sure you have many pictures, preferably on well cut grass (sets off the orange paintwork), video of it working on you tube and link the vid, show the compression being checked - you will get top money - I speak from experience!

The listing will end Sunday night - most people will be in and watching, you will have two weekends & ten days for many watchers to gather, great time of the year to get best price but make sure your listing is good with a link to a website selling a new one and state the RRP.

Spud