How much work do you have???

monkeypuzzle22

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, if you hold a junior position in a large organisation as it sounds like Callum did, then it is often not the type of environment where you would be expected or encouraged to go out touting for business.

Staff are taken on when times are good and dropped when things slow down. I can understand that if you are a small cog in big machine and your position looks vulnerable you would be looking out for yourself, rather than thinking of ways to win the next big deal for the company - and it would need to be BIG - just to secure your job for another few months.

Thanks guys for all of the comments...and i am sorry Hama that i got a little short with you in previous posts. I am very frustrated i lost that position i had because i do love that side of the industry. However, as mentioned above, i wasn't encouraged to find work and being in a junior role, i didn't have the contacts or knowledge on how to go about finding work. If i were to stumble across something, say on this website or a tender website etc, it would have to go through my boss, get approval from his boss and then taken on by someone more senior.

It was a a hard place to work and you did feel a little at a loose end from time to time. The organisation is world wide and therefore you do feel like a little cog in the system.

I must say that i would have had to find a lot of work to save myself!!!I agree totally that the grass looks greener all the time and may be i should have done more but honestly i don't think i could have...As for Shyhucks comments, well if i fall flat on my arse i shall let you know first!At the end of the day you got to be in it to win it..:001_cool:

Ok then Callum. Will you keep us posted on what you are up to now and what you plans are. Also where abouts in Derbyshire are you based and would you be willing to travel to North Lincolnshire for consultancy work. If so then could you PM me some contact details and a brief rundown of what you can offer. Much obliged.