stupid question time?

elicokiz

I thought ear muffs are what keep your helmet secure!:001_huh:

I have never liked chinstraps and they are the first thing to get thrown in the bin when I unwrap a new helmet.

Its like a seat belt in your car, it will probably save your life in an accident but it feels uncomfortable and makes you look like a big girls blouse.

No contest on what to do.:thumbup:

P.S same with braces, but they wont save your life.:001_tongue:

This is typical Mesterh comment....cant be bothered to express my sentiments...surprised you still find the need to make such remarks. SFW...?

Its what I use aswell...but look at that rack of ventilation drilled in both sides of it....still trust the "leaflets" ? I think not. Salt, hcl...dont care what you call it...I started my climbing career doing nightshifts...in the dark, 12hr shifts; railwork. What a gas....Doesnt mean I think the HSE know whats what...or my safety officer Im afraid! The fact remains that HSE is lead by the sector industry it comments on....If it hurts, HSE are last to find out about it..You gotta use you noodle when it comes down

to it...

btw..what is chemical designation of salt if not Hcl...I even looked it up!! :blushing:

NaCl mate.

Vertex vent here, comfy, but side impact? Leaflets-schmeaflets!

Like the saw vs. chainsaw boot vid shows, the best PPE is between your ears.

Right...starting to appreciate the angle a bit more then! ( between the ears and such? ) Cant see the point of dumb remarks made in humor that serve only to confuse or satiate an ego...Sorry. My failure to get to grips with Internet/written dynamic....

You know what I mean though,,,nowt clever about a richardhead?

Edited by Bundle 2

This is typical Mesterh comment....cant be bothered to express my sentiments...surprised you still find the need to make such remarks. SFW...?

Calm down!

I was clearly taking the piss!:laugh1:

SFW?

Theres too much nonsense on what we are supposed, recommended allowed to use. Nonsense as in does anyone really understand!?

You are talking (arbtalking) absolute rubbish mate...:001_smile:

You have clearly stated that you dont use a chinstrap and remove the ear protection as soon as you get a new/replacement helmet.

By your own reckoning...you are the one who appears to find PPE recommendations "incomprehensible"-

Stupid and beyond the wit of man..? No! Its for your protection. You do not need to try and belittle such things to make yourself feel big.... It was a legitimate question that has generated some useful links and insights from other members on Arbtalk. PPE recommendations are a part of H&SW act & MHSW regs...and regs in their own right....."The Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1992"

Why dont you do yourself a favour & just shut up if you got nothing to say mate?:sneaky2:

:lol:

Oh dear.

Maybe best to clarify for those few that may have thought I was being serious, I was not.

I wouldn't want someone having a major accident because they thought I would laugh at them for wearing a chin strap or seat belt and heaven forbid that they should have a trouser falling down incident:scared1:

So my sincerest apologies to all, well all except one, you know where you can stick your personal attacking comments:sneaky2:

Do you actually think that me not wearing a chinstrap makes me feel big? And that i would really mock someone for not using PPE! Good God man what are you on about and as for throwing away ear protection!:confused1:

Anyway let's leave it at that please.

As for the OP question, no it's not a silly question but it looks like it depends like lots of H&S stuff on how you interpret it. If its for an employee it's always best to take their recommendations as red.