Seasonal trend for log sales

baz

I've tried researching what the firewoood sales seasonal trending is but nothing seem to be written on it other than demand is growing and now exceeds 1mn tons per annum. Having started supplying this year I utilised one of my daughters at the end of the school holidays to deliver around 100 leaflets locally, it generated lots of interest and I'm receiving around 3 orders a week at the moment (thats a very good return from a small leaflet drop). My question is when is the peak demand for firewood or is there a double peak when people lay down winter stocks and then need to top those up in the middle of winter?

I'm selling locally and also nationally via web sales and would prefer to cater for the local populus over national customers who are less likely to be long term customers. Having said that though - there is a good repeat business from our net derived customers.

I did this when I started out - dropped off about 80 leaflets. Didn't get a single reply. Told the story to a mate involved in marketing who said I'd done well - average reply to this method is less than 1 %. If you're getting three replies a week it's outstanding. Get a sign up get some sign writing done on the delivery vehicle and possibly local paper advert.

Sit back, take deep breath and the orders will flood in.

Good luck

On your leaflet drop did you just advertise your servce or include prices Baz?

The pricing was big and bold at £80/m3 on the flyer. Double sided A5 leaflet with pitch, pricing, and a picture. On the reverse side map showng the inclusive delivery area. I saw leaflets as a good approach as no one else does that in this area and it's been favourably received as 'a professional approach'. The flyer also give a full address and land line contact number which I always thinks looks better than no address and just a mobile number.

The usual return on a general mail drop is 1% at best so it has been very successful. For those that can be bothered to do it - there may be plenty of new customers just waiting to hear from you. It all comes down to whether you or your kids can be bothered playing postie for a day.

Edited by baz

The pricing was big and bold at £80/m3 on the flyer. Double sided A5 leaflet with pitch, pricing, and a picture. On the reverse side map showng the inclusive delivery area. I saw leaflets as a good approach as no one else does that in this area and it's been favourably received as 'a professional approach'. The flyer also give a full address and land line contact number which I always thinks looks better than no address and just a mobile number.

Pack it in, your giving away all the secrets of success!!!!!!!!!