Show us your defenders !!!!

christreeroot

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after one of my groundies tipped the back and snapped the chassis clean in two behind the springs, needless to say he is no longer with us

My Dad did the same only snapped the tipper, not the chassis, with a log wedged between the tipper body and the towbar bracket.

Sadly, I couldn't sack him, he lives next door.

i know he loves it. and it is a great bit of kit. but i think the landrover can be used more often and is a better all round vehicle.

and it costs less to run the landie. have you seen it yet rob?

I bet that was exciting... I have been in a 90 that rolled on a dual carrigeway - tyre blew on the trailer and sent us into an uncontrolable spin.... We took out one of those massive roadside ligts which blocked traffic both ways... We got out fine - a testiment to the safety of defenders...:icon14:
there was 3 of us in the front no seatbelts,and unsecured chainsaws and fuel and oil containers in the back,basiclly i was driving and f**ked up,lets just say i was going too fast and the landy which had really wide tyres slipped on some wet grass going around a corner on a green lane? hit a 6 ft high bank the whole thing took off and landed on its roof about 25 ft away,swashed the roof down to the level of the seats,both doors popped off and every one got thrown out,all had pretty bad whiplash,but luckely i was the only one more seriuosly injured.the landy chassis was bent like a banana and the bodywork was buggered,oh and the unsecured chainsaws had cut open the oil and fuel containers whilst they were in orbit definate lesson there.should of had a cargo barrier.i can handle cuts and all no problems but that whiplash is a real killer hope it never happens again

I went for a takeaway curry in my series 2. |On the way home I got peckish so I scrambled around inside the bags with my left hand for a kebab.

Found them but dropped the packet on the floor in the passenger footwell, I leaned over to pick it up but must have pulled the steering wheel to the left as i did so.

When I looked up, I had just started to hit a drystone wall, the freewheel hubs climbed the wall and flipped the landy at about 45mph. I rolled a few times and ended up upside down, engine screaming and petrol running down all over me from the tanks under the seat.

I couldn't get the seat belt undone because of the weight of me pulling down on it.

I could either switch off the engine and risk a spark from the switch, or leave it screaming and try to get out.

Hmmm, decisions decisions, life or death decisions!

I switched the ignition off at the same time as cacking myself. Grabbed the curry and went home to eat it leaving the landy on the edge of the road.

Got home had my curry, got another landy and some mates and went back to find about 20 police officers, three fire engines, an ambulance and all the cops in a line doing a sweep of the adjacent fields.

Needless to say, I got a right telling off.

I have since, never owned a petrol vehicle only diesels.

Some of the things I've done you just couldn't make up :scared: