gps for trees - device

plippy

was chatting to my bank manager the other day and apparently her husband has come up with some kind of gps device that tells you wot trees have had work carried out on them and type of work, he's hoping to sell these to large tree firms that can keep a record of whats been carried out on the trees

id imagine its ideal for parks and cemetries and local council trees but would us small time firms need a new shiny fandagaled device

This kind of GPS hardware and the software to go with it is on the market in various forms already.

pear technology appear to have the better options and Im hoping to do a half days training on the set up soon, about £2500.00 gets you a quality survey/assesment set up that will not require much typing once back at the office.

the after survey write up appears to be the most time consuming aspect in that side of our business so im keen to get this setup in the back pocket!

This is something I shall definitely be looking into, as the mapping part of a tree survey takes time, and we had a big bill and a hand annotated map last time we had a survey done... wouldn't it be nice to find a better way...

Here's to the APF and hoping they have some nerdy GIS/GPS stands:cool1:

I was thinking of the various asset management apps I have used for the different LAs I've worked for. In retrospect, my situation's a bit different because I have never had to invest in the tech myself, I have simply used what's already available.

I will now gracefully butt out :blushing:

I was thinking of the various asset management apps I have used for the different LAs I've worked for. In retrospect, my situation's a bit different because I have never had to invest in the tech myself, I have simply used what's already available.

I will now gracefully butt out :blushing:

no dont butt out! if you know of other packages/systems that will do the same job let us know, cos this is something I am intending on re mortgaging for once ive cleared current situation!:thumbup: