advise please

bones

hello all

im sure you have herd all this before but here goes

im a 41 year young bloke living in cornwall just up from eden.i have become so fed up with the work i do that i gave up

only to realise that i now need tickets just to read the job section

i have decided its time fo a change .

so question )

is there room for a small bloke in cornwall with cs30 31 and maybe38 so im some use to single climbers or chipper ticket

now i dont expect to earn £600 pound a week felling mighty oaks or be on the next episode of axmen . im happy with the feacal end of the stick for atime till i get some of that all valuble experiance an can aford a bit more training

but i only have 1 shot at tickets of any industry so i got to get it right

sorry about the spelling .

any input or help much apreciated

Edited by Amelanchier
Sw**ring :D

Hope I read you right, get your chainsaw tickets, and better stil aerial rescue too, and if you can afford it the chipper ticket will be an added bonus. whether or not there is work available in your area I couldnt say, but having basic tickets will make you more useful to people. You dont say what line of work you're from, but a good physical core strength is useful in what can be a demanding job, hard on the body, but good luck with the future:001_smile:

cheers gents for the replys

for the past twelve years its been welding fabrecation and mechanical

but over the years ive done pileing land and marine , banks man , site labouring,

abit of steel erecting , scafolding .you get the idea

ive never needed a ticket for any of it . so i now find myself untrained in a world where the paper boy needs a cscs card . i have done abit of saw work for mates and such to no i enjoy it .but im under no elusions that a few tickets do not a sawman make . hence i dont mind starting at the bottom of the wood pile .

moneys tight at the min so 30,31 i could do then 38 and or chipper then 39 when i get some pennys together.

im not so much looking for a job

but weather theres work out there for someone without experiance which most people want

sory for the long posts all

if you can find an employer you can get upto 70% of costs for assessments and training:thumbup:

??? realy. I thought if your employed they pay for your tickets at least thats how leggally it should be it doesnt always happen like that I know. just interested to where you learnt this

There is funding avalible through seeda (may have changed name) im not sure. Think it used to be 40% and I think you do need an employer as usual with this industry its a grey area.

Good luck

Good to see someone actually finding out if theres any work rather than the usual "I have just got CSXXXXXXXXX tickets , theres no work around here can someone give me a job?"

So top marks there and welcome:thumbup1:

Only lads operating in your area or areas you are willing to work in can answer that tbh.

Sorry cant help further but good luck.:thumbup1:

P.S if it was me retraining I would look at being a plumber, they are hard to find or at least find one that isnt up the wall with work!

think of your future.

i'm 43 now and climbing's getting harder every day. what i used to do in a day, now takes two.....

i had an argument in the pub a few months back.

did some work for a plumber in the village on the understanding he did some work for me on an hour for hour basis.

me and one of the lads did half a day for him, complete with tipper, chipper, climbing gear, saws, fuel etc..etc...

he did a day (6hrs) for me, and expected some cash on top !!!!!

"you only trimmed some trees up" was his argument

mine was the fact that i'd got 30k's worth of kit to do his job !!!!

for 6 months in college, 10k for van and tools, you're a fully qualified and equiped plumber able to do the job till you're 70 odd and earn £40 p/hour....no contest imo

cheers lads for the replys

i have looked at other things but always seem the same .to many men doing to few jobs . i no of two plumbers near me carnt get work cos every one jumped on the band wagon . electricion is the way to go but i got no branes for that:confused1:

i also have another motive . my boys 14 now and doing land based agriculter

and horticulter at school. makes more money than me now with his petrol strimer . but i no hes gona find it hard to get work when he leaves . so im hoping i can get him in if im in so to speak .

the next generation are gona find it tuff