Spraying rhododendron.

yep sorry ignore me, still on the first coffee of the day, its 20% for stump treatment

I have only done stump treatment on fresh cuts, never used it for foliar application, Has anyone used dyes in tank mixtures, to make treated stumps easier to spot, its not a route i have gone down but would be interested in identifying suitable dyes to use

Would be interested in this too.

Interesting, that the label recomends that you spray glyophosate in May. Trials in N Wales by CCw and the National trust found that November was the best time to spray Rhoddie. Spraying at this time had the highest kill rate.

Generally i use a fan nozzle with the largest diameter hole, and the pressure set on its lowerest setting. This gets the leaves really wet.

Gylophsate is supposed to have a sticking agent already mixed in, but in practice it does not make much difference, therefore adding Mixture B is needed to make it stick to the shiney leaves.

yep sorry ignore me, still on the first coffee of the day, its 20% for stump treatment

I have only done stump treatment on fresh cuts, never used it for foliar application, Has anyone used dyes in tank mixtures, to make treated stumps easier to spot, its not a route i have gone down but would be interested in identifying suitable dyes to use

i tend to use a dye or pattern indicator on most jobs where there's a chance of getting lost. I use something called Amenitywise pattern indicator - a blue dye - but I'd imagine it's very similar to dyofix . It looks about the same price - £30/l, but it does go a long way. Cheaper than having to come back weeks or months later when it becomes obvious you've missed stuff out :blushing: !

I have totally nuked about half an acre of rhodie with a 2% roundup biactive from a CP3 with a green nozzle. Did most of it last year in August. This year, the stuff I have sprayed is dead, dried up and brittle sticks. The bits I missed have been done this August. Will hopefully finish it off next year.

Did you use a wetting agent with it?

Nothing at all!

For reference, the rhodie had been cut probably 2-3 years previously and was up to a metre and a half high with stems up to thumb thickness, from larger wrist thickness stools. Totally brownbread.