Civil unrest,FUEL COSTS,

steve the tree

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 million people in London will migrate out and beyond the home counties and meet those coming from Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool etc. coming the other way. I have friends who predicted the last 5 years of the worlds economies. they moved to France to grow sustainable willow and build wind turbines. He used to work for BP as a geologist, she was a financial analyst at the bank of england. I guess they were well positioned to make valued judgments.

New Zealand would probably be a good bet to escape the transitional period.

If the British isles was divided equally amongst the population we would all get 4.8 meters squared each. seems pretty crazy. But feel free to check the maths.

I am cultivating a nice big veggie garden, Chickens are coming this week, piggies to follow.

We are also putting in a wind turbine in the near future.

The trouble will start when those who have none and are starving (because tesco's is empty) start to cast there envious glances at what your doing...

Rural France would be a pretty good place to be.

The bandit class will eventually die out after one generation as it will not be a sustainable way of life. We will have to baton down the hatches and wait for the storm to pass. I 'm looking for a bigger property now to develop a self sufficient home. i was brought up on a small holding on Exmoor so I have some knowledge, such things are not taught in schools, so it's down to my wife and I to teach our kids to survive. We did tickling trout at the weekend in Devon. Haven't done that for twenty years.Yum.

If the British isles was divided equally amongst the population we would all get 4.8 meters squared each. seems pretty crazy. But feel free to check the maths.

I did.

The total land area of Great Britain is 243,000 square kilometres.

The population estimate at 2007 was 60,776,238

Divide 243,000 by 60,776,238 and it gives a figure of 0.03975 of a square kilomere per head of population.

Convert this to acres and you get a result of just over 9.8 acres per person if the land area were to be divided equally. ( the exact figure is 9.810836442)

This is a much larger area than you stated 4.8 square metres, which represents an area 219cm by 219cm, smaller that the average living room I would think!

I did.

Divide 243,000 by 60,776,238 and it gives a figure of 0.03975 of a square kilomere per head of population.

Convert this to acres and you get a result of just over 9.8 acres per person if the land area were to be divided equally. ( the exact figure is 9.810836442)

This is a much larger area than you stated 4.8 square metres, which represents an area 219cm by 219cm, smaller that the average living room I would think!

something in that first calc doesn't ring true... have you dropped a decimal point???

something in that first calc doesn't ring true... have you dropped a decimal point???

Yes I have.

Corrected now;

Divide 243,000 by 60,776,238 and it gives a figure of 0.003982 of a square kilomere per head of population.

Convert this to acres and you get a result of just over 0.98 acres per person if the land area were to be divided equally. ( the exact figure is 0.983 973 629 ) Or, 3982 square metres

This is a much larger area than you stated of 4.8 square metres, which represents an area 219cm by 219cm, smaller that the average living room I would think!

Now take out all the mountains and water area, the bogs marshes and rivers, the motorways and roads, beaches, shingles and estuary's, industrial concreted area's, runways, and other ungrowable area's...

I think there are far to many people on this island, and its only oil that allows the population to be fed. Once we loose the ability to ship in cheap food, Britain will face a large percentage of its population dying of starvation very quickly.