Right or Wrong ?

White Noise

Another dog pooh post . I have dogs and love them . But why oh why do so many customers assume its ok to leave weeks worth of mess on the job site . Most I find either tidy up the day you arrive or worse still leave it for you ?. Anyhow on Fri gone I cleaned a load up . I then asked the customer please if the dog must mess on or around the job site clean it up . Turned up today to finish fridays job and theres all the weekends mess spread all over the work area . The customers not in I carry on and get pooh all on my rope and saw AAARRRGGGHHH :thumbdown: Ive had pooh on my rope twice on the same job now which has meant washing it twice . I then come home should I leave the job or would that be unprofessional . At the moment I.ve left some of the brash stacked out the way . I aint walking through that minefield .

Hey Mozza its a good job you werent here to help :lol: Bit of a shxx job

I'd tip whatever chip is on the truck in the driveway, and leave the brash as it fell, I'd post a note through the door telling them that the '' jobs hard enough with out getting covered in dog shite, get some other mug in''

I passed on a job a few weeks ago strimming down weeds and grass, masses dog carp in various stages of decay, I can do without! what made me sick was shite was all over the kids trampoline.........

nasty stuff man. Nearly walked off a job after a woman refused to clean up all the mess, if i wasn't a subbie i'd have told her where to go. I would never knowingly make someone work in and around my dogs crap so can't understand why people think its fine to make us work in it. Also my dog rarely does anything in the garden as i walk him regularly, makes you wonder if they ever walk the dog. I've often told people to add a crap tax onto the invoice....i'm not joking either.

On a heavy shite infestation, I'd knock on the door tell the customer, dog carp is a company H&S violation, heres my card call me when you've cleared every last bit up, but until then we're off to the next job, thanks for your cooperation, 9 times out of 10 the'yd clear it up and call me back

Edited by Lee Winger

Know it's probably a "yeah right, get real Paul!" reply but I see this being a Ts & Cs thing in that IF, on arrival at the worksite, dog excrement is present requiring clearing from the worksite (BUT not removal from the property) a £50 additional fee will be chargable. You would need a quote acceptance system that involved them signing a 'chitty' (usually a tear off slip) both accepting the quote AND the Ts & Cs.

I would also draw their attention to this on the front cover of the written quote (a brief description and refering to the specifc T&C) and, if on arrival at the worksite you were greeted by 'the problem', take photographic evidence of before and after.

My best suggestion I'm afraid...to a very difficult problem

Good luck.

Paul

PS Don't forget to address it on the site risk assessment too....aghhhh, bl**dy H&S bods!

On one job, we turned up masses of carp everywhere, I told her about it, she said no worries I'll clear it up, shegot the mower out and bare footedly mowed through the lot ''without'' the grass collector, it was just like watching a muck spreader in action! we cleared off..........

If there is any sign of dog mess it goes on the RA and the pooh tax escalator kicks in:thumbup:. It doesn't matter how well you get the newest member of the team to clear it up :lol:there is always a bit that gets missed.

I had blokes who would refuse to clear it up, rightly so in a way......