Inclusional arboriculture- from the top

I'll try and give it a read to see if I understand it.:thumbup1:

All I was doing was referring to post 5 ie lets see how its received before we water it down, compress it etc.

As I am sure Hamma is well aware it is not solely the people contributing that are the important ones. They do enable the thread to generate the valuable content and Tony S is extremely good at dragging this out and creatively stimulating the descriptive responses that provide the information that other people read.

It is however the other people reading this..... the ones that may not even consider contributing...... but none the less take something from it..... no matter how small.

Keep with it Tony :thumbup: you have the hide of a blue whale and the stamina of a migrating bar-tailed godwit...:biggrin:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essentially, I don't need it - it doesn't add anything. :D

At the end of the day Tony it is totally up to you whether this 'adds anything' to your meaning of life or not.

It is an individuals right and choice to say alone in this world. However, at the end of the day this is only a perception held by the individual, because they cannot truly be separated.

"The problem resolves as soon as it is appreciated that Nature is, at root, a dynamic togetherness - not a static singularity from which negativity subtracts material content. The tangible and intangible, responsive and receptive aspects of Nature are inseparably coupled, with each both shaped and being shaped by the other in a universal dynamic relation of figure with ground, information with space. This inclusional appreciation implies a very different meaning for ‘positive’ and ‘negative’, so that rather than being treated in effect as ‘material’ and ‘anti-material’, they become regarded as counterbalancing potentials on either side of ‘zero’. This zero is hence not a material absence, but rather a place of dynamic balancing. It is simultaneously a source and a sink where informational and spatial both zoom out and zoom in from in a loop of one with the other. It is the seat or gravitational centre of the complex self-identity that combines inner whirl with outer whirls over all scales through its dynamic boundary, like the ‘eye’ of a hurricane, a flow-form that cannot be abstracted from its atmospheric context. "

I'm going to read it, when I get a few mins. I've had a quick scan and I like the alternative way of thinking / presenting ideas that this kind of thing has.

In terms of usefulness, this is the kind of thing that I might refer to in conversation if talking to someone about the bracket growing out of the side of their tree, but I think I'd stick to 'factual' stuff in any written report. In other words it might influence my thinking, but I'd be wary of weirding people out with it.:biggrin:

I'm not sure the above paragraph is entirely relevant because I haven't read the document yet.:001_rolleyes:

science is merely a tool, a tool of men to understand and put a figure on things, to make sense and evaluate within the confines of his comprehension.

Lets put this in some historical context:

This thread is yet another step (no matter how small) in our new spiritual awakening, which is creating a more complete worldview, to replace a five-hundred-year-old preoccupation with secular survival and comfort. While this preoccupation with technology advancement was an important step, out awakening to life’s coincidences and connectivity is opening us up to the real meaning for our human lives on this planet and the real nature of the universe within which we reside.

The personal discovery and insight occurs when we grasp the historical importance of our awakening. This allows us to see how we have existed in a secular slumber for centuries and that the awareness of transformative movement in our lives represents an awakening from what has been a preoccupation with material security and comfort.

The European Renaissance began when human society lost faith in the ability of medieval churchmen to describe our spiritual reality. A mandate was thereby created for science to investigate the world around us and to discover our spiritual nature. Until recently, scientists focused solely on discovering the forces thought to be governing our world.

However, the loss of certainty brought on by the fall of the churchmen left a legacy of uncertainty, insecurity and mistrust within society. What was the real meaning of human life? What is our place within this boundless universe? Society eased its insecurity with a preoccupation with ‘self’ by perusing another goal: physical progress. We decided to settle into this Earth of ours, improving our conditions in the physical world – at least until we learned our true spiritual situation.

During the Industrial Revolution, society saw major technological gains, reaffirming the mind-set of “progress.” The need for spiritual knowledge was almost lost. The society preoccupied itself with secular concerns, by accepting the illusion that we lived in a rational and predictable universe, where chance occurrence had no meaning.

In the last decade of the 20th Century, led by science itself, this worldview, devoid of spiritual mystery, began to disintegrate. Now we have the opportunity to grasp this insight for ourselves when we understand the historical momentum leading us to a new, more mysterious, more spiritual life view.

We are not one, not two but both one and two, because we are interconnected with ourselves and everything around us. This is inclusional thinking but it is also found in the fundamental practice of Zen, which is said to predate Christianity by over 500 years, but this is limited by written records. However, as Tony has already said there are connections with the Pagan societies of Europe, particularly within British Isles, which have been recorded as having a strong connection and relationship with their natural environment.

We are part of this natural world within an infinite and dynamic universe. Our rational minds have created a separation for ourselves so the challenge now is to just let go and cut loose……..

Are you ready for it……?

You guys have fun with your spiritual awakening, flow forms and receptive holes. Us unenlightened rational secular boundary orientated plebs will keep everything progressing and maintain the structure of a society that lets you have these opinions.

When you get ill, you can use our modern secular medicine. When you need to get somewhere you can use the fruits of our past success such as the internal combustion engine. When you need to share your criticisms of the western way of thinking you can even use the communication technology our approach has facilitated. You can even share our approach to earn a living and feed your family. Its fine - just give us a shout when you're planning on returning the favour... :D

As I am sure Hamma is well aware it is not solely the people contributing that are the important ones. They do enable the thread to generate the valuable content and Tony S is extremely good at dragging this out and creatively stimulating the descriptive responses that provide the information that other people read.

When you need to share your criticisms of the western way of thinking you can even use the communication technology our approach has facilitated. You can even share our approach to earn a living and feed your family. Its fine - just give us a shout when you're planning on returning the favour... :D

Tony,

Like it or not you are included along with every other individual within 'secular society' or any other society for that matter.

This is not something that affects the function of everyday life, because it is the belief and reality behind it that is what we are talking about here. Consciousness in its purest sense.......

However, it is still your choice which perception you choose to see/believe and for that matter how many. That is the beauty of conscious experience as a human.

You are already doing a fantastic job Tony keep it up :thumbup:

I've just read the whole document. To be honest I wish I hadn't bothered, I've got far better papers waiting to be read.

There is absolutely nothing - not one thing - in the whole doument which is not better explained by existing evolutionary theories.

I personally think people should make the effort to make sure they understand evolutionary theory before trying replace it with something else.

I've just read the whole document. To be honest I wish I hadn't bothered, I've got far better papers waiting to be read.

There is absolutely nothing - not one thing - in the whole doument which is not better explained by existing evolutionary theories.

I personally think people should make the effort to make sure they understand evolutionary theory before trying replace it with something else.

its one thing to understand the theory of evolution by natural selection, it is quite another to prevent the train of thought closing your mind down to alternative solutions/theories, and even more so to prevent oneself and society as a whole from falling into the mental trap and self fullfilling prophecy of it.

let me put it this way, as long as you are certain, we can never move forward, only when you discover doubt and question will any change take place in mindfull evolutionary change.:001_smile: