thinking of starting a firewood buissness

zak

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

come on boys give the guy a break ,forums werent invented when we started or i for one would have asked the same quetions but here goes any way most of what we use

tractor

log splitter

3120 395 575 262 357 242 saws

netting machine

landrover trailers

pickup

storage facilities

workshop

and i have probably forgotten loads more except as said dry wood and customers

give it atry mate see how it goes best of luck

come on boys give the guy a break ,forums werent invented when we started or i for one would have asked the same quetions but here goes any way most of what we use

tractor

log splitter

3120 395 575 262 357 242 saws

netting machine

landrover trailers

pickup

storage facilities

workshop

and i have probably forgotten loads more except as said dry wood and customers

give it atry mate see how it goes best of luck

thats a lot of saws, i only use ms360 with 18" bar, got rid of 3120 as never used it and i've done some big stuff.

got a pic of the "netting machine"??? never seen one

and with workshop, do you mean work bench with a vice,....... cos thats all i got

Zac, you need determination and persistance.....loads of it:001_smile:

thats a lot of saws, i only use ms360 with 18" bar, got rid of 3120 as never used it and i've done some big stuff.

got a pic of the "netting machine"??? never seen one

and with workshop, do you mean work bench with a vice,....... cos thats all i got

Zac, you need determination and persistance.....loads of it:001_smile:

netting machine is only a tipping tray which im sure every body has now but as isaid they werent invented back then and mind many hours filling bags nets by hand. i use 3120 regularly as mainly big hardwoods dutch elm trees no way 18inch will do even with a bore cut i would if i could as you know how heavy the bloody thing is :thumbup1:

i thought the forums intention was to help like minded people in the same industry to share ideas and thoughts saying that nobody gets anything easy thats not to say you cant give advice.whether you take it or do whatever with it is up to you .i think some replies are sharper than their saws mind you ....:confused1::blushing:

i thought the forums intention was to help like minded people in the same industry to share ideas and thoughts saying that nobody gets anything easy thats not to say you cant give advice.whether you take it or do whatever with it is up to you .i think some replies are sharper than their saws mind you ....:confused1::blushing:

its pretty simple really....if you cant be bothered to respond to someones post asking advice(even if the information is there if they can be bothered to look), move on to the next post.....as pro bros says, theres no need for the comments put in this thread, hardly sets the tone for a friendly forum

In addition to Steve's comment, dont forget, not everyone is as skilled in computer usage. What may seem obvious to some is not so easy for others to do.

This forum is a great asset for everyone involved in this trade, lets try to help, we were all new to it once.:001_smile:

Use the FAQ function if you arent sure how to do something on here ie: searching for help, How do I search for something?

To quickly find a thread or post of interest anywhere on the bulletin board, click on the 'Search' link in the navigation bar at the top of most forum pages. Then, type in the keyword or phrase you wish to search for, and select either 'Show Threads' or 'Show Posts' to view the results. By selecting posts, you will be shown only the actual post in which the search word appears.

For more control over the search, select 'Advanced Search' from the drop-down box. The advanced search page allows you to restrict your search to individual forums, find posts or threads by user, or return results based on tags (?). There are also options to find posts from a certain date, or threads with a certain number of replies.

How do I search a specific forum or thread?

If you are browsing a forum, you can quickly search for a thread or post within it by clicking on the 'Search this forum' link near the top of the page (it's above the list of threads). You can also search for individual posts within a thread by clicking on the 'Search this Thread' link at the top of any thread view page.

Edited by Andy Collins