Those Who Have The Treemotion Saddle???

BoogieWithStu

I like seeing those 1st aid kits, hardly anyone I climb with carries one, I personally carry mine in my helmet directly above my head, its just 2 large wound dressings a medium wound dressing, some tape and a roll of wrap, its pretty compact and soft!

As for chainsaw attachment I notice that it seems its not where you hang it from its just the clipping it short that is problematic?

I use a side strop with micrograb as an adjustable lanyard for my saw, when I want it short I just grab the tail of my lanyard and pull it up, to go long again just grab the micrograb and pop it open to drop it long.

I love this set-up its pretty unique, I don't see many climbers using it, although another climber showed it to me.

• 3 months later...

i have a couple of suggestions for this problem. i have found with a good choice of biner and setup on the harness combined with choice of scabbard has sorted the problem for me. i hang my saw and silky on the right and my lanyard on my right this is because i am right handed and when i draw the saw with it placed on the left it crosses my climbing line to get the piece i am cutting. could be a drama so best to eliminate it i think. i have also used isc snap gates to hang my tools. they go in the area where most people have caritools or the black diamond ice clipper. i also have a leather scabbard from weaver that clips up high on the harness. the silky is infront of the saw for the only reason that i do more silky work than saw work so it seems logical to have it closer to hand. its all down to what is comfy though and what works best. hope you can use some of this to help.

I like seeing those 1st aid kits, hardly anyone I climb with carries one, I personally carry mine in my helmet directly above my head, its just 2 large wound dressings a medium wound dressing, some tape and a roll of wrap, its pretty compact and soft!

As for chainsaw attachment I notice that it seems its not where you hang it from its just the clipping it short that is problematic?

I use a side strop with micrograb as an adjustable lanyard for my saw, when I want it short I just grab the tail of my lanyard and pull it up, to go long again just grab the micrograb and pop it open to drop it long.

I love this set-up its pretty unique, I don't see many climbers using it, although another climber showed it to me.

i like the sounds of this setup, but after seeing that the grab is £50 ive gone off the idea. you could always make one with a pully and friction hitch tho. might try one.

i wouldnt want a silky hanging next to my saw. why not try a sawpod?

i tryed a saw pod but felt it fell down and like the silky on my harness. it would stop me from having them together but i like to keep cuting tools and lanyards on opposite sides. i see it as to easy to have a accident and dont want that. if they are on opposite sides there is no confusion. good idea though.

i like the sounds of this setup, but after seeing that the grab is £50 ive gone off the idea. you could always make one with a pully and friction hitch tho. might try one.

I don't think a friction hitch would work as well.

You should be able to get a grab for £25-30 if you shop around, a micrograb is best, then just use an old bit of rope and usual krabs. A grab is a hand piece of kit to have.

I tied mine with a fishermans, and fishermans type stopper knot. A spliced rope would be neater, but try it first see what you think.

Another important consideration is a break away, its basically a lanyard so its very strong. My harness chainsaw ring is my weak point, but it does mean it will break my harness!

just get a buggee saw strop, stays all neat when not in use, then goes as long as you need it when you do need to stretch.

i have two of those black clip things on my right side, the furthest forward one has no clip bit(broke off, turned out to my advantage), just a hook for easy picking up and putting down. the one behind is for when i'm moving around and want to keep the saw out of the way (makes it slightly more ergonomic), for using the hand saw.