iveco 4x4

stetson

are they,

have you factored in all the kit and the chippers and the Iveco 4x4 into the cost of your team along with your wages and admin costs, fuels and running cost along with cost of liability insurance etc and other things you don’t see but still cost the council.

Come on. This is the council we are talking about here.

I am sure thay have a bean counter (or maybe two) to keep track of exactly all that expense.

IMO, if the council has to spend money on trucks, it may as well be arbtrucks (that will be released amonst the rest of us in a few short years

:sneaky2:)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coz we know what all the contractors rates are and all of them are about £100 more than us

i have yet to be approached re rates? i priced a job last year for a local school who were looking for private contractors as the banes tree team prices had got silly.theres so many decent firms in this area how could you know all the rates

we have a few contractors on a list that have all the relivent qualifications regarding tree works and insurance cover, quite a few of these contractors and their staff have previously worked for us and we are all friends aswell. We do favours for each other as regards shifting timber for nothing so that they can have the wood to either sell or do what they like, as long as we dont have to spend time processing it. We tend to use 2 or 3 companies that we know will do a good job and are reliable. Anyone can approach the council to get on the list as long as they meet the criteria set out in the terms and conditions of the tendering process.

not sure about council but for most agencies they are covered by act of parliment so no they dont need specific insurance:thumbdown:

its great to drive, at first the other team were not sure about the tyres but iveco have tried all makes of tyres and the ones on at the moment are best suited for both off and on road use. as regards insurance we are covered upto £50million public liability. also when we hire in cranes or mewps we have to ring insurance for extra cover, just in case the hire companies small print is a bit vague as for any damage that may be caused by mis use or accidents.

I would think that the council would be responsible for all the trees that they own, mmmmmmmmmmm let me think, the council are responsible for there trees so they would have to deal with any tree issue that arises, so this would mean a company that looks at a council job and quoting/tendering -could say sorry to big - can't get the kit - if I did it would cost to much, were the council would have to deal with this as its there trees. also if the council would use contractors it would be because of better vaule for money.