Sign written pickup

cordwood

Nice truck mate, is that what you deliver your logs in, or do you use a trailer?

Just being nosey, but what does it say under firewood. Looks like Group of companies. Have you set up your firewood business as a Ltd Co?

Sorry for all the questions, i'm just curious (nosey):thumbup1:

Ive got a cabstar to deliver logs in but this will come in handy to deliver logs in when winter sets in as the cabstar is crap in wet weather

The firewood business is setup as a partnership as we have other businesses

Its the "sk group of companies"

Ive got a cabstar to deliver logs in but this will come in handy to deliver logs in when winter sets in as the cabstar is crap in wet weather

The firewood business is setup as a partnership as we have other businesses

Its the "sk group of companies"

Cool truck, I know what you mean about the Cabstar, I was driving an empty one round in the snow and ice of earlier this year. Was great for pretending to be a rally driver, but not too safe.

Just a thought, sorry to be critical, but its an offence to imply the business is a company, if its only a sole trader/ partnership business. Not that anyone really cares I suppose, just thought it was worth mentioning.:thumbup1:

Cool truck, I know what you mean about the Cabstar, I was driving an empty one round in the snow and ice of earlier this year. Was great for pretending to be a rally driver, but not too safe.

Just a thought, sorry to be critical, but its an offence to imply the business is a company, if its only a sole trader/ partnership business. Not that anyone really cares I suppose, just thought it was worth mentioning.:thumbup1:

All comments are welcome! However, the name of my business is West Country Firewood, and it is a partnership. It is not the only business I have, and SK Group of Companies is the name of the bank account used, ie to whom cheques are made payable, which simplifies all the book-keeping. Therefore, it is used not in the legal term, but in the common term, in which partnerships are deemed to be companies, (as an alternative word for businesses, firms or enterprises etc), which is a legitimate use in this instance. It is on the truck and our literature so it does not appear to customers that we are asking them to make the payment to somebody else. Now that would seem dodgy! It also lends people to ask "What are your other businesses then?"....

All comments are welcome! However, the name of my business is West Country Firewood, and it is a partnership. It is not the only business I have, and SK Group of Companies is the name of the bank account used, ie to whom cheques are made payable, which simplifies all the book-keeping. Therefore, it is used not in the legal term, but in the common term, in which partnerships are deemed to be companies, (as an alternative word for businesses, firms or enterprises etc), which is a legitimate use in this instance. It is on the truck and our literature so it does not appear to customers that we are asking them to make the payment to somebody else. Now that would seem dodgy! It also lends people to ask "What are your other businesses then?"....

Cool, no probs then. I was under the impression you couldn't use the term company unless it is actually a company (ie set up as an incorporated company). Turns out this is a bit of a grey area and although it is an offence to write Ltd or Co etc after your business name, nobody really knows the ins and outs of merely calling a business a company. I see what you mean about the common meaning of company, but at the end of the day, its not a company, just a partnership. Companies House have got a huge amount of information on the matter if anyone is interested.:thumbup1: