Where in Cornwall

Bretonboy

nearest place for climbing kit is a few minutes up the road from mevagissey...

cornish industrial supplies- 42 polkyth road, st austell, they apparently have a selection of arb gear, but i have never actually been there myself...

for a full range of climbing, rigging, and forestry gear, plus saws and machinery, you'd have to go a bit further afield...

tavistock chainsaws, or abbey garden in tavistock... or abbey garden in plymouth.

enjoy your stay in cornwall:001_cool:

What sort of kit are you after? It seems a long way to go for kit......or do you have problems getting it in France? There is a place near truro which stocks a lot of chainsaw spares and a small amount of climbing kit, but nio harnesses if i remember rightly. I would go with what Treebeard said, except that i wouldnt give Doug Bennet the steam from my proverbial, and stick with Abbey as the lesser of 2 evils. Only my opinion though.

yep, as tom quite rightly said, and i should have mentioned...

of the 2 arb suppliers based in tavistock,

one could be described as being a bunch of pirates...

and the other folk dont know their arses from their elbows...

but they do both sell arb kit

Oh yeah....Radmore and tucker. They and the tavistock boys are both a fair distance away....hour or so. You couuld order some kit and pick it up from me if you like. I am based in redruth.

Thanks for the offer, not realy in need of kit but with 4 days of being a tourist I need somthing to fill up the days, and thought a browze of the local traders if near by would kill an hour.

Looks like the Pub and a walk around the harbour or would that be safer the other way around:001_tongue:

But many thanks to those who replyed and should you see a red transit connect advertizing tree work in french it will be me.