Kretzschmaria deusta and diffuse porosity!

Could be that Kretzsch may be sapro on pretty much anything but just leaves it's nastyness to the poor diffuse fellows.

You raise an interesting point Tony.

Will try and make a mental note around the interaction.

what really fascinates me david is the difference in findings from one zone to the next, the natural nieghbourhoods of each area are so complex and variable.

you have just 10-15 miles distance from my number one site, yet you have very different things going on, and observe things I havent seen at all.

I started to notice this when I went further affield, from just looking in Whippy, and my work to then explore bradgate, BB, Epping ashridge etc.

There seems to be a very real and complex interaction going on within the fungal colonies that make up each unique "fungal profile" I am starting to wonder what patterns would emerge if data was collected for the fungal profiles of all the major sites in the U.K.

what I mean to say is, they are all unique obviously no two will be the same, but would this data set confirm my suspicions that certain dominance by a particulary variety has a negative impact on the colonisation and impact by another.

Thus indicating that as Alan suggests trees are, even if in apparently good health, home to a great many fungi all thier lives, like sleeping agents within.

this view is further enhanced or backed up by the recent bloom of fungal fruit bodies in the last two wet seasons, which followed six years of constant drought and stress, resulting in a period where trees generaly had dessication cracks, down to the micro level, increased summer branch drop and hence for six years fungi had good advancment oportunities, and then two wet seasons in which to go into overdrive and fruit.

man you guys are on fire, I'm still trying to get my head around it not being ustulina anymore:blushing: still prefer and think of it by that name:001_cool:

isnt this site a great resource ian!

an oportunity to share ones experiences and observations and learn so much from eachother, i thank mr bullman, and we all owe him a debt for this site.

We ALL gain a lot from it.:thumbup1:

isnt this site a great resource ian!

an oportunity to share ones experiences and observations and learn so much from eachother, i thank mr bullman, and we all owe him a debt for this site.

We ALL gain a lot from it.:thumbup1:

Couldn't agree with you more, does give me brain ache at times trying to take it all in tho:lol:(& will still always be ustulina in my head:001_smile:)

Couldn't agree with you more, does give me brain ache at times trying to take it all in tho:lol:(& will still always be ustulina in my head:001_smile:)

doesnt matter which name you give it, whats important is that you know it, and can make an informed managment descision based on its pressence and strategy. Thats what counts.:thumbup:

doesnt matter which name you give it, whats important is that you know it, and can make an informed managment descision based on its pressence and strategy. Thats what counts.:thumbup:

True enough hama, gotta say you and monkeyd have soooo rekindled my desire dig abit deeper and study harder-bravo:thumbup:

Good to hear that Ian, as for me that's what the sites true essence is all about.

We all have our areas of strength & weakness, and leaning on & being inspired by others is where it shines.

What a community :thumbup:

Shame that Bullman fellows such a strange fish :001_tongue:

Good to hear that Ian, as for me that's what the sites true essence is all about.

We all have our areas of strength & weakness, and leaning on & being inspired by others is where it shines.

What a community :thumbup:

Shame that Bullman fellows such a strange fish :001_tongue:

Perhaps in my case more weaknesses than strengths:blushing:

Not met the guvnor but from comments on here hmmm strange indeed:biggrin: