hiya

peteCC

hello all i thought might as well introduce myself

25y/o who decided it's time to do something i will enjoy so looking to get into tree industry so knocked my council driving job (yes i know how to make a blinding cuppa :biggrin:) on the head after nearly 5 years and went to capel manor to do my CS30,31 and 38 and planning to go for 39 once i get bit more climbing experience after (hopefully) being groundsman for some time

went around houses in North London and tried to send my CV to all the big players without much luck so settled with groundskeeping job keeping grass nice and short but still looking around to get onto trees (preferably before leaf season :biggrin: ) also hold full clean HGV class 1 licence with HIAB and CSCS cards and own PPE

great to discover this site which answered lots of my questions

so please be nice to me :biggrin:

peter

happy st. georges day

Alright mate,

I'm new here myself and in pretty much the same situation (although I'm in the process of getting my tickets) as you. You'll find plenty of information on here and from what I've found so far, everyone is really helpfull and friendly.

Bear with it mate, something will come along. It might not be the first firm you find, but don't give up. You've done the right thing by posting on here. I was in a similar position to you last year, and not as well qualified either, and now I subby for a brilliant firm as well as odd days with other folk from here. This is such a great resource for people like us and I'm sure you will find a place :thumbup1:

Bear with it mate, something will come along. It might not be the first firm you find, but don't give up. You've done the right thing by posting on here. I was in a similar position to you last year, and not as well qualified either, and now I subby for a brilliant firm as well as odd days with other folk from here. This is such a great resource for people like us and I'm sure you will find a place :thumbup1:

thanks for the encouragement i'm sure something will eventually come up - will definitely keep youse updated :001_smile: