KN is this acurate?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

embarassing really, i never really know if i'm overloading something or not. its all too much to calculate while working. i am astounded by how strong equipment is, even the lightweight stuff. i've broken rigging points but(knock on wood) never rigging gear. i often look at some gear and think is this knackered(just because its not all shiny anymore) or has it got years left in it.

embarassing really, i never really know if i'm overloading something or not. its all too much to calculate while working. i am astounded by how strong equipment is, even the lightweight stuff. i've broken rigging points but(knock on wood) never rigging gear. i often look at some gear and think is this knackered(just because its not all shiny anymore) or has it got years left in it.

I am amazed that no one has been able to clarify the KN issue!

in my defense(for my recent blonde moments) i have always been aware of the tonnage with kN. i see 2000 and i think 2 tonne. very little equipment goes below a tonne in strength(bar the plastic crabs). very little goes above 10 tonne so i always see the first number '2' in 2000, i think two small cars, thats alot. thats how my basic brain works, association. and i'm afraid i'm guilty of not really considering the swl.:blushing: even though it annoys me that my grcs thing is rated in pounds(can't calculate that, without a converter

in my defense(for my recent blonde moments) i have always been aware of the tonnage with kN. i see 2000 and i think 2 tonne. very little equipment goes below a tonne in strength(bar the plastic crabs). very little goes above 10 tonne so i always see the first number '2' in 2000, i think two small cars, thats alot. thats how my basic brain works, association. and i'm afraid i'm guilty of not really considering the swl.:blushing: even though it annoys me that my grcs thing is rated in pounds(can't calculate that, without a converter

The 1lbs issue is an american thing, thats why i wish we would just accept europe and get on with it, we are far from the yanks!

I am amazed that no one has been able to clarify the KN issue!

A mass of 1kg (sitting on the ground) exerts a force of (nearly) 10 Newtons due to the force of gravity.

So when reading a pulley's rating as 22 kN - you could 'imagine' an approximate rating as 2.2 tonnes.

Does this help at all, Hama?