Practical jokes/Strange errands

ukminch

SO we've got the normal ones, glass hammer, left handed screw driver, bucket of steam, skyhook, long wait for the end of the rope etc.

Some good ones not as commonly known.

Send the missus to get the air changed in the car tyres at kwik fit, don't let her take her purse or it may backfire when she comes back with 4 new tyres, an exhaust and set of brakes.............

Also get her to check the oil, and top up, through the dipstick hole.........

The keen young lad asking what a HT lead is, explain that it's a lead thats got to be really tight in the engine. Send them to the local motor factors for a tension setter to check the tension of the lead.

Sure they are hundred more, let have them

R

Asked a guy to go to the shop for a pint of pigeons milk!

If I see Mac or Jason at GreenMech messing with the wiring on a chipper, I wait for the critical moment then shout BANG!

I was once taking a load of people out in a Minibus (APF at Dalby Forest), on the way home one fell asleep, the others asked me to brake sharply when they started to scream. I did and the result from the sleeper was hilarious, tho he did have a sense of humour failure!

Showed my lad a ciruit tester and told him not to touch the two prongs together, then grabbed his wrists and started to point the prongs at his legs - I'm a right get, I couldn't stop laughing.

Edited by PeteB

HAHA!!!!!!!!!

ive got a HHHUUUGGGEEE list!!!

we once had a young lad who mysteriously got promoted to supervisor, such was his relationship with the manager.

one day, he wouldnt let a couple of guys take the spare van to the shop for a drink.

so mid afternoon, he decided to dissapear up the road with the blower, clearin up behind us, whilst chattin on the fone.

bear in mind only two climbers on site, me and him

when he came back, i played dead up the tree!

apparently his face was a real picture! i couldnt see cus i was danglin upside down 'unconcious'

years ago, where my dad works, they used to have a reguler income of "yts" workers.

one lad fell for every trick every time!

whilst renovatin a trailer, my dad and collegues thought it amussing to send the lad to the fitters for a 30 ish half-inch holes!

half n hour later, he came back......"have you got a bag to put them in?"

he was sent away with a bag!

half n hour later, he came back......"have you got an axe to cut them with?"

he was sent away with an axe!

this went on for most of the day, backwards n forwards.......

another time was the old stripped paint joke, he came back and said "theyve only got checkered, youl have to move the squares across!"

When I was on the chemical works we would send the trainees for a bucket of steam to the power house. The lads in th epower house were used to this so would put a couple of inch of hot water in the bottom of the bucket, put the lid on and give it back to the trainee and tell them to be quick.

When they got back you took the lid off, the 'steam' had condensed so they were sent back and told to be quicker this time.

4 journeys was the record for one lad

One a mob handed back garden job some years ago, I gave the four boys their instructions and the house owner asked me if he could have a laugh. He then preceded to shout and scream at one lad cutting down some self set Ash saplings that they were to stay for sentimental reasons, he screamed that he was felling the wrong trees and that those specimen trees had been planted by his now dead dad.......:lol:

One a mob handed back garden job some years ago, I gave the four boys their instructions and the house owner asked me if he could have a laugh. He then preceded to shout and scream at one lad cutting down some self set Ash saplings that they were to stay for sentimental reasons, he screamed that he was felling the wrong trees and that those specimen trees had been planted by his now dead dad.......:lol:

OOOOH thats harsh but very funny, the lad must of felt really bad.:001_smile: