Feedback on pedestrian grinders

gibbon

Looking at getting a Carlton sp2010, Danequip 27sp or predator 450. Is there much difference in any of these or do any have known problems?

Looking at buying new and the Danequip is about a grand cheaper than the others. Advice please

If thats the carlton I think it is I.e semi driven I liked it but others dont, reqiures sensitive control and arbs ain tknown for that!:laugh1:

Best value for money pedestrian grinder for me is the little Rayco, goes in any where will grind out anything, but you need a bit of grunt to use it!:thumbup:

Just had a look at an rg20, very similar, Identical even to the carlton i was picturing in my head, I loved the carlton version of this, thought it was powerfull and well balanced.

i guess it depends on how much your going to use this and how tight a space you need to operate in on a daily basis, with the little rayco I can just about handball it in anywhere single handedly.

but this RG20 style would be a lot less work if using it more than 1 or two times a week and will probably prove worth the extra dollar

It wouldn't get a lot of use really, mostly domestic but would need to be able to handle big stumps and highways. I like the idea of self drive. I have used push alond type where one wheel locks on the hand break and it always felt like a battle. Always falling into the hole

It wouldn't get a lot of use really, mostly domestic but would need to be able to handle big stumps and highways. I like the idea of self drive. I have used push alond type where one wheel locks on the hand break and it always felt like a battle. Always falling into the hole

yes these types require a certain (aggressive:blushing:) technique.

if you have the dough I wouldnt hessitate on the carlton version of that rayco rg20, good bit of kit and will still get into most back gardens, i think most gates are 28 inches wide worth checking against the carltons and raycos first, can be a pain if they dont fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got the Predator 450 and its a beast. I have used to Calton and the Rayco and the 450 i find is better than both. This is due to the multitip that comes on them. If you have the money to spend then get one that self drives, i couldnt pull the rg20 onto my ifor with out someone helping me and it really is only good for little stumps as its a PITA the use in holes etc.

I have done some big old stumps with my 450 and it failry mullers through them, The biggest was a 7 foot wide holm oak stump, it wasnt as fast a big tracked grinder but 1.5 hours later it was done.

The greenmech is an identical copy of the 450 so the choice is yours!!!

Hope that helps!!!!

DSC_0069_2.jpg.2cf48795c6a63cd32ebf664ecfd44660.jpg

DSC_0070_2.jpg.71c0f0413f24abd5946091e358e6536c.jpg

DSC_0054_2.jpg.559aaa7e93c6d9e7f3e7b2a63b4feaea.jpg

DSC_0047_2_2.jpg.4002ede556f263de7e9adce3cc44b295.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg.8fbe2047a942173a51ee0cb1a6ddd750.jpg