Our New Website

Gareth Dalzell

After 8 years we finally got around to getting our website revamped. I,m big into pictures and always find other websites with lots of pictures on them far more interesting than lots of text - I must be really nosey!

So we added a gallery, a latest news page (which this month has big oak limb removal by crane over some luxury houses in the posh side of Belfast) and lots more pictures everywhere I could get the web designer to put them in. Infact I think I managed to get about 150% more pictures into it than they originally had.

Have look - Thanks

looking good gareth! did you get much bother fromm the locals when doing the oak? anytime we did work round those parts involving big trees we always had a group of bored housewives causing grief and getting in the way

Thanks for the comments. Yes the dreaded South Belfast tree huggers did make some comments, but when we told them we were trying to "preserve the tree for future generations" (a great quote to defuse emotions which I heard and use on a regular basis in situation like this:001_smile:) and explained that the heaviest limb was hanging over a house with some very emotional elderly ladies living in it, they saw sense.

It always amuses me how quick they are to fight for tree retention in other peoples gardens and yet always start off conversations about a tree overhanging their house with the phrase "I like trees but..."

Nice one Gareth, Nice and fresh looking.

Thanks for that J D

I,m determined to keep it updated this time; quarterly or maybe even monthly on the "Latest News Page" and put a link on customers invoices so they can see what we're up to. I have to keep reminding mayself that 90% of our business is from our existing customers and I need to keep communicating with them and informing them about what we do and can do for them and their associates.

Excellent web site and great pictures, but having some trouble viewing some of the before and after pics in the landscaping part, only shows the after when you click on the pictures and also Specimen tree planting images do not enlarge at all. I'm using Firefox, thought you should know, so you can get it fixed.

Good website, Gareth. Having all those pictures is really good. You have some very locally prestigious clients.

90% of our business is from our existing customers and I need to keep communicating with them and informing them about what we do and can do for them and their associates.

Have you looked into email autoresponders? They will sky-rocket your referral rates. Writing the email sequence takes quite a bit of thought but once you've set it up you can just plug a new customer in and forget about it. They continue to get an email, say every 28 days, giving them tips, advice, interesting jobs you've done etc.

Good website, Gareth. Having all those pictures is really good. You have some very locally prestigious clients.

Have you looked into email autoresponders? They will sky-rocket your referral rates. Writing the email sequence takes quite a bit of thought but once you've set it up you can just plug a new customer in and forget about it. They continue to get an email, say every 28 days, giving them tips, advice, interesting jobs you've done etc.

Nialer thanks for that. I'll send this on to the Website guy as it's all a bit beyond me - but I like the concept so I'll see if they can work on autoresponders. Cheers:thumbup:

Excellent web site and great pictures, but having some trouble viewing some of the before and after pics in the landscaping part, only shows the after when you click on the pictures and also Specimen tree planting images do not enlarge at all. I'm using Firefox, thought you should know, so you can get it fixed.

I see what you mean - I rushed the website guy a bit at the last minute because I'd put a note of the footer of all our February invoices to say we were launching our new website on 17th March for St Patrick day and then wasn't able to get some of the pictures to him until the night before - whoops. I'll go over again this week now things have calmed down abit and check the photo's and text for mistakes as well. Thanks for taking the time to look over it. Cheers:001_smile: