HGV Operators Licence

igottacabstar

I have my 7.5 tonne Merc registered with VOSA as a dual purpose vehicle as it is fitted with a tow bar for towing trailers, horse boxes, etc. Added advantage exempt from tacho regulations and no operators licence requirements.

err a 7.5t truck canot be a "dual purpose vehicle" it is to big to be one.

it is over 3500kg GVW & has an unladen weight >2040kg & is not 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 wheel drive then is is NOT and never will be a "dual purpose vehicle" under the old system.

under the new system it will still never be a "dual purpose vehicle"

Dual-purpose vehicle means a vehicle constructed or adapted for the carriage both of passengers and of goods or burden of any description, where the unladen weight does not exceed 2,040 kilograms, and which satisfies the following conditions as to construction:

the vehicle must be permanently fitted with a rigid roof, with or without a sliding panel;

the area to the rear of the driver's seat must -

be permanently fitted with at least one row of transverse seats (fixed or folding) for 2 or more passengers and those seats must be properly sprung or cushioned and provided with upholstered back-rests; attached either to the seats or to a side or the floor of the vehicle; and

be lit on each side and at the rear by a window or windows of glass or other transparent material having an area or aggregate area of not less than 1,850 square centimeters on each side and not less than 770, square centimeters at the rear; and

the distance between the rearmost part of the steering wheel and the back-rests of the row of transverse seats satisfying the requirements specified in sub-paragraph b(i) above or, if there is more than one such row of seats, the distance between the rearmost part of the steering wheel and the back-rests of the rearmost such row must, when the seats are ready for use, be not less than one-third of the distance between the rear most part of the steering wheel and the rear most part of the floor of the vehicle.

Lee - good post.

Operators license is a pain to get, but well worth it. You have to provide bank statements for recent months showing you have at least 3k in your account.

Concerning Ag spec, I`ll throw this into the mix as well. Forestry is the cultivation and harvesting of trees on a woodland estate. Arboriculture is not forestry. Discuss.

Concerning Ag spec, I`ll throw this into the mix as well. Forestry is the cultivation and harvesting of trees on a woodland estate. Arboriculture is not forestry. Discuss.

Arboriculture is technically Horticulture.

Arboriculture can also be forestry, if you maintain your trees in your woodland estate using Arboriculture then it is forestry or if you are harvisting wood

you have the NFU/NAAC (National Association of Agricultural Contractors) & a couple of forestry Association/regulators who all disowned Arboriculture as being part of there professions with respect to the HMRC and red diesel use.

b101uk

good job I have it in writing then from the area inspector for our region based at chadderton.Every year MOT is passed without tacho certification because of the vehicle being a dual purpose vehicle.

Horticulture is still part of agriculture which means I still have to fill in stupid Defra statistic forms.

b101uk

good job I have it in writing then from the area inspector for our region based at chadderton.Every year MOT is passed without tacho certification because of the vehicle being a dual purpose vehicle.

the area inspector can still be acting on advice given to him by someone who was wrong ;)

"dual-purpose vehicles" & "bi-purpose vehicles" are not the same though they sound the same - a 7.5t truck would fit the latter not the former