Just passed my IRATA level 1 today

Littletree

• 2 years later...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi it will be 3 years next march since I did . Time has flown buy it and it will be time to renew it again

. For me the course paid for itself in week one . It's well worth every penny you send on doing the course you will make your money back I love every minut of it it's one of the best things I have ever did I should of done it years ago

If you do it You will need to be very dertimind to go out and get the work and be prepared to travel uk wide to do the work and live away for most of the year if you have saw tickets it will help you get into geo work . All the work is short term contract work so you also need to be very hard working and good at what you do as it's your last job that will get you the next and so on . There is allways someone to replace you so you need to be better then the rest .

I did my IRATA then did confined spaces and PTS the more you can offer an employer as to the things you can do with your level one ticket the more work you will be able to get . I am on a job now using my PTS ticket for a rock job and the PTS regularly nets me sub subby climbing tree work on the railway too each ticket you get adds a skill making you more valuable opening up more doors .

If you just get your level one and have nothing else to offer it will be difficult to get work .

All the best littletree :thumbup:

Littletree: Very interesting to hear your feedback. My understanding was that the IRATA is a means to access a site and then you actually do the work using the skills that you have. Do you have other skills or just chainsaw tickets? I'm curious as to what kind of tree work would be available with just the IRATA level 1? I can certainly see how the PTS would be a another great ticket to have.

You are a "GO GETTER"......littletree, i admire that in a person!

I believe that if you want something bad enough you can achieve anything . I never miss opputunity . I am like a dog with a bone and I never give up . I am very rarely ever out of work as I love what I do and work hard . I am allways able to turn one opptunity into another .

It's the best business plan going

All the best littletree:thumbup:

Littletree: Very interesting to hear your feedback. My understanding was that the IRATA is a means to access a site and then you actually do the work using the skills that you have. Do you have other skills or just chainsaw tickets? I'm curious as to what kind of tree work would be available with just the IRATA level 1? I can certainly see how the PTS would be a another great ticket to have.

Hi there that's right you need your level one to to be able to access the work site then it's the skills y can offer on top of that to a company that will help u net the work . It's not tree work that you will use rope access for as such . But on every geo job a de veg needs to be done so sometimes this can be extensive befor the main works can begin this type of work with the chainsaw is done with the rope access method as its down steep banks or shear rock faces so it's not tree climbing as such

To go with my IRATA level one I have also did my confined spaces ticket cherry picker pa1& 6 all my saw tickets chipper and brush cutter tickets, cscs . The chipper is a real good one as not many rope access lads have it and on all the big de veg jobs a chipper is brought in so y will get the work over someone else that does not have there chipper ticket . Same with the PTs

Over time you learn the geo job itself do you learn to grout , drill mesh and all the workings of the tools of the trade And doing the job itself giving you experience . For me I love drilling so made it my gole to become good at it and learn to use different types of drills , my skill set has gone up and up . Making you more valuable to each company .

Littletree:thumbup:

Fantastic, thank you for the reply. I have been looking at the IRATA level 1 course for a while now and have been reading about possible work. It seemed that a lot of people do the level 1 aiming for off-shore rig work and many end up doing window cleaning. The competition for work seems high. Like you say, you have to make yourself competitive.

Thanks a lot.:001_smile: