hitch climber/srt combo idea

Rod

just had a flash of insperation (as you do)

to do the whole friction saver instalation thing

here we go

instal a line for an srt setup but on the end of the line fit a friction saver pulley then set up your hitch climber and line through it ready to use. pull the srt line and pulley up to the desired height lock it off hey presto no friction no climbing up to instal a friction saver jobs a good un

dose this make any sense? thoughts please

the pulley savers that i've seen can't (i think) be instaled/retrieved from the ground but i could be done as i described i think

only came to me tonight i will try it out next time i get chance

I might be misunderstanding you, Rod. But if we are talking about the same thing, Jeff Jepson describes this set-up as an Adjustable False Crotch.

probably

but i dont know who jeff jepson is

ive never seen it before it may no doubt have been done before

an adjustable false crotch would be a good description

but adjustable pulley saver false crotch in this case:confused1:

just had a flash of insperation (as you do)

to do the whole friction saver instalation thing

here we go

instal a line for an srt setup but on the end of the line fit a friction saver pulley then set up your hitch climber and line through it ready to use. pull the srt line and pulley up to the desired height lock it off hey presto no friction no climbing up to instal a friction saver jobs a good un

dose this make any sense? thoughts please

Sure yes that is good and can be used in many situations.

The whole point of SRT though is efficient access to the crown. Replacing that with a Ddrt system defeats the object. It would work on jobs where you only need to work off a few low branches on one side of the tree.

I think I saw noddy doing this same thing in the first climbing comp I ever went to in 2002, except he footlocked up one line and had another Ddrt system waiting for him once up there.