Looking for a part time job!!!!!!!

jacktaylor

Hi

i'm Jack Taylor and i'm 16 years old, 17 in early April. I started college in September 2009 and currently studying a level 3 National Diploma in arboriculture at Easton college, as part of my course i need 240hours of work experience. I live in Banham (norfolk) and i am able to get to areas around Banham and in the norfolk area. I have got my CS30. I am at collage Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays. I am in need of work experience for Thursday, Fridays and also weekends if possible. Please forward any helpful information to me via Arb talk or send me a message asking fcor my number. :thumbup:

Obviously you are keen to find work, to save yourself time, why not just "Bump" this thread than keep re-writing a new thread? Just reply to this thread with the word Bump occasionally, and it will appear as an unread post as people log in. Good luck in your search:001_smile:

you are certainly keen jack, i have never found work through interviews or letter writing, you have to get out there and look for guys working and ask them, speak to the boss and offer your services. bringing a lad onsite wether you are free or not can logistically be quite hard, another vehicle is needed usually and a pair of hands that doesnt know what to do can slow a team down. So just offer to do yard chores, splitting logs, bagging sawdust, general dogs body, then when you prove to be a handy lad then the boss will see you are too good for yard chores and use you for other stuff. get on your bike and cycle about and listen out for saws, use your voice and call guys up in the loacal advertiser, ask others who they know, thats how you get work. Bringing a stranger into your yard full of thousands of pounds of kit isnt easy as most employers have had bad experience at some time or another with staff, young and old. Good luck and keep at it.

thanks for the advice both of you. ive been sending out CV's and letters to people all over norfolk and ringing them but ive had no luck with any of them. i'm willing to do anything that will help me towards getting my qualification and also experience in arboriculture. many thanks again for the advice!!!!!!!!

well young jack, you have been released into the big wide world, and you are learning fast how the simple equation of, Want a job + look for a job + do as i have been taught to do+ fingers crossed doesnt always = getting a job. If you go to the bar and ask for a pint of lager and they dont have any in, do you leave and go home or get another drink? You get another drink, but everytime you will ask if your favourite lager is in, and you will try diferent pubs and keep on asking. But you will never be thirsty(you shouldnt be in a pub but i wont patronise you with an analogy on comics) If a lad came to me looking for work and said he hadnt worked for months i would think he was useless, if he had 3 rubbish no brainer poor paying jobs i would think he is a grafter. Everyone wants something done, and everyone is willing to pay something for it. When i was a cub scout we did BOBAJOB week, a BOB was 5p, now this is only 27 years ago, so i never even knew what a bob was, but 5p was still only a third of a packet of crisps. so that equates to about 20p now. It was mind numbing knocking doors with a roll of stickers and a little uniform asking to do chores, and when you are 8 its pretty nervous, but no one ever said no, they would give you 5p for every little chore then usually an extra £1 for being such a nice young lad. Some didnt and asked for change if they gave you 10p, but it all added up, i will do anything for money, its in my blood, i love money and earning it, i would NEVER walk by money in the street, not even 1p, i am not a miserable person, its just me. So why dont you go knocking your neighbours doors, call your aunties and uncles and do some chores, washing cars, digging holes, cleaning anything that can be cleaned and get into the way of negotiating and serving others, that is what we do, serve customers. If you have £10 go to B+q and buy a shovel, find your first building site and say you will work for a £1 an hour. I guarantee they will take you on mate. Next wek you could buy a wheel barrow and ask for £1.50 an hour. Do you see what i am getting at Jack:thumbup1:

well young jack, you have been released into the big wide world, and you are learning fast how the simple equation of, Want a job + look for a job + do as i have been taught to do+ fingers crossed doesnt always = getting a job. If you go to the bar and ask for a pint of lager and they dont have any in, do you leave and go home or get another drink? You get another drink, but everytime you will ask if your favourite lager is in, and you will try diferent pubs and keep on asking. But you will never be thirsty(you shouldnt be in a pub but i wont patronise you with an analogy on comics) If a lad came to me looking for work and said he hadnt worked for months i would think he was useless, if he had 3 rubbish no brainer poor paying jobs i would think he is a grafter. Everyone wants something done, and everyone is willing to pay something for it. When i was a cub scout we did BOBAJOB week, a BOB was 5p, now this is only 27 years ago, so i never even knew what a bob was, but 5p was still only a third of a packet of crisps. so that equates to about 20p now. It was mind numbing knocking doors with a roll of stickers and a little uniform asking to do chores, and when you are 8 its pretty nervous, but no one ever said no, they would give you 5p for every little chore then usually an extra £1 for being such a nice young lad. Some didnt and asked for change if they gave you 10p, but it all added up, i will do anything for money, its in my blood, i love money and earning it, i would NEVER walk by money in the street, not even 1p, i am not a miserable person, its just me. So why dont you go knocking your neighbours doors, call your aunties and uncles and do some chores, washing cars, digging holes, cleaning anything that can be cleaned and get into the way of negotiating and serving others, that is what we do, serve customers. If you have £10 go to B+q and buy a shovel, find your first building site and say you will work for a £1 an hour. I guarantee they will take you on mate. Next wek you could buy a wheel barrow and ask for £1.50 an hour. Do you see what i am getting at Jack:thumbup1:

Well after nodding off several times trying to read that essay, as always stevie is talking alot of sense :thumbup:

Nice one stevie