Looking at Tracked Spider Lift Choice of 2. Which One?

I’d be going for the Hinowa ,

firstly for the reach ( especially the outreach) and that Hinowa would be more popular ( over here anyway, not sure about UK)  with more technical back-up within a reasonable distance.

On 12/05/2024 at 18:25, Stevieb said:

All that has been sorted I have purchased a dedicated mewp trailer that will accomodate the heaviest machine and keep it under 3.5 ton. The real question is do you sacrifice 2 meters in height and near 2 meters in reach for a drop of 500 kgs???

I’d go for the biggest every time, you’ve got the transport sorted so 500kg difference makes no difference. Get the 20.10, in 6 months you and those looking to hire in a platform will want a 23 or 30mt. 

2 hours ago, dan blocker said:

I’d go for the biggest every time, you’ve got the transport sorted so 500kg difference makes no difference. Get the 20.10, in 6 months you and those looking to hire in a platform will want a 23 or 30mt. 

When I proudly told a friendly local competitor I had ordered a new 18m spider mewp he wisely asked what I thought I would need soon after. Said I didn't know, and he replied a 21m mewp! When using a mewp for dismantles I think the outreach is at least as important, if not more so than max height. A few times I have managed to get the last few metres off the top of the tree, whilst out of "direct reach". I have fixed a pull rope with the AUS poles and hook, then got the ground crew to pull it away from me and the mewp base; obviously needs a favourable drop zone, and only done with sensibly sized and weighted bits of crown.