Risk Assessment?

robert t

My usual scenario for my risk assessments is to cover individual jobs that would take a day to complete with the same personnel, or to cover a specific job that would take longer, say over a few days possibility a week, and when the works are started i normally do not leave to do other work until it is finished. I'm due to start a job where there will be different personnel coming and going on different days and I might be leaving site to do other works and returning on different days.

Never had to consider this for RA be for, any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,:confused1:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Robert,

Pretty sound advice so far with key pointers highlighted = there's a real community spirit on here and a sense of looking out for each other which is great.

The only thing I would add is to ensure those joining the job are well briefed by the Foreman / SSC (Site Safety Coordinator, a construction site H&S term but one that many clients like) prior to signing and that the RA is reviewed at the start of each day, and indeed during the day if things change (significantly.)

Hope the job goes well...sounds a 'biggie!'

Paul

Hi Robert,

Pretty sound advice so far with key pointers highlighted = there's a real community spirit on here and a sense of looking out for each other which is great.

The only thing I would add is to ensure those joining the job are well briefed by the Foreman / SSC (Site Safety Coordinator, a construction site H&S term but one that many clients like) prior to signing and that the RA is reviewed at the start of each day, and indeed during the day if things change (significantly.)

Hope the job goes well...sounds a 'biggie!'

Paul

SSC I like it, shall add that to my list! part of a collage report project!

Rob, I asked you this on another thread but you may have missed it.

Is that the Meikleour Beech hedge your working on in your avatar?

Sorry David, must have missed it. Yes your right, worlds tallest hedge. I worked on it about 22 years ago, cant remember the exact year. It gets trimmed every ten years if funds permit I think. All done from cherry picker and hand loppers. I'm sure it took about ten weeks to complete.

We perform a fresh RA on a daily basis even on jobs taking longer, it can then be briefed/signed at the start of the day with the team on site and highlight any changes that may occur from the previous visit. Any aditions to the team can then (as Paul said) be briefed on the risk as they arrive on site. If your already undetking risk assessments for the daily jobs this shouldnt be any extra work and keep things clear and specific for that days work, without hazards from previous days interfering.

Cheers Rob,

That's a seriously impressive sight, i nearly crook my neck and/or swerve unervingly when ever I go past it.

Would love to have been involved in it just once.

Not suprised it takes so long to work it, 530m long & 100' average height :thumbup1:

Looks fantastic in leaf.

Well worth the trip if your that neck of the woods people.

59765588e825a_meikleour2520beech2520hedge25200507.jpg.78e8198a747146041ad7857b1b60202d.jpg