Husqvarna 136 chainsaw, not running well at higher rpm

Marcus G

Hi, I have a Husqvarna 136 which I have bought not running. Found that there was no spark, and fuel line perished. To cut a long story short, ordered a non OEM coil from ebay, carb gasket kit, and some new fuel line. Put it back together, gapped the coil, cleaned carb, checked metering level etc. Inlet transfer port hose, and impulse hose  all okay... Anyway starts okay, but as I rev up, it starts to miss and stutter. Idles fine, I have tried adjusting the high mixture from one extreme to the other, and the mixture screw seems to do what I expect i.e leans out, and bogs when screwed in, and smokes a little when screwed out. I just cannot stop it missing, and spluttering. I have tried changing the plug, and loosened the fuel cap, with it running on its side, so no venting issue. It is just like the coil cannot keep up with the higher rpm. I am almost tempted to say it is a bad coil. Has anyone else had a faulty new coil ? or have any idea what the problem might be please.

Many thanks "Spudulike", I will give that a try, I did not realise this.

And thank you "ADW", I will look into this, I can get a genuine coil for about £20.00 + I wish I had done this in the first place. The non OEM was £ 13.00 anyway. I think I have learnt a lesson there.

• 3 weeks later...

Update : I have just tried a coil out of my Jonsered 2040, which I found was the same as the Husqvarna 136, and it ran perfectly. I don't think I will ever buy a non genuine coil again. Just a waste of time and money.  Thanks for your suggestions though members. 👍

• Like 1