Where to start! climbing kits

aleach1728

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean "doesn't state"?

Sorry mate, i don't really understand the question.

I dont think my contract states anything about him buying my PPE etc so does that mean its up to me to provide it or is it just so mandatory to do so anyway?

sorry didnt make that to clear to start with

I dont think my contract states anything about him buying my PPE etc so does that mean its up to me to provide it or is it just so mandatory to do so anyway?

sorry didnt make that to clear to start with

No, it's still and always up to him.

Contract of employment is "normally" written from the perspective of what "YOU" do within your employment, and very rarely mentions what "your employer" will do.

That would normally come down to the staff handbook.

If you are en employee, he buys your PPE! Pure and simple, end of, full stop, capital letter. :thumbup:

Simple answer = Self Employed to him for 3 years now

3 years of self employment to him?! why the change around? It can't have taken him that long to realise your potentual as a climber could it? IMO he should provid you with the BASIC climbing equiptment to perform your job! & I'm sure that is the veiw of the hse ect!:confused1:

Andy, some useful info there... no i do not have insurance and covered on the company insurance to drive the vans etc etc...

I can see where my boss comes from having most of the company self employed as he does save £3000 a year on holiday and sick pay on each subby... and he has big jobs and small jobs and he would like to have endless work but it just does not happen. He wins contracts and loses them and network rail have had save 20 million on de-vegatation work and only emergency work to be done.

This april it is going to kick off once all the contracts get given out... So hopefully things pick up.

No, it's still and always up to him.

Contract of employment is "normally" written from the perspective of what "YOU" do within your employment, and very rarely mentions what "your employer" will do.

That would normally come down to the staff handbook.

If you are en employee, he buys your PPE! Pure and simple, end of, full stop, capital letter. :thumbup:

Capital letter after a full stop ,

isn`t that a new sentence ?:001_tt2:

How come all posts on arbtalk in some off topic arguments?! keyboard kung fu.

mmmmm....shows how much ego tree surgeons have.

I dont think its argument, its discussion, ok a minor derail from the original question, but all relevant. understanding employment law is very important, bosses often tend to only tell you what they want you to know. Employees only use the laws that suit them. At least on forum we can discuss both sides of the coin, with input from all sides. Hopefully this openness will show all sides where they stand, and avoid awkward questions to employers.:thumbup1: