how much?

jasonblack72

lay out your builders bag and measure length x width x height - youll soon see its miles from 1 cubic metre (prob calculations are thus 90cmx70cmx70cm = .44 cubic metre), less than half a cubic metre - if some customers were to see 1 cubic metre of logs in a cubic metre drying net, they would see what a rip off builders bags measurements are!

not dissing anyone - just trying to get us all to the standard dimensions - rant over

(customer yesterday - how much 1 cube of logs - i say £60 - WHAT i got a quote for a cubic metre in a builders bag dropped off for £50 ! - you try and say thats not a cube its like banging your head on a brick wall - rant over

I get the same

"How much for a ton of logs?"

I ask if they really want a ton or a builders (ton) bag full

"Is that not the same thing?"

Trying to tell someone you only get about 300kg of logs in a tonne bag is near impossible, sometimes it is better to just ignore it, they want a bag full (their 'special' tonne) so quoting for a van load makes you look a total rip off.

You don't seem to understand??:confused1:

Most builders bags are NOT "metre cube". :001_rolleyes:

:001_rolleyes:

Understand just fine ta, was just trying to keep things simple...and i think Jason understood so no harms done.

Measured the bags I use today 0.9 x 0.9 x 1.1 = 0.891, so not far off a cube and not when heaped. THE BAGS I USE ARE RECYCLED SEED BAGS THOUGH. They look just same as builders and presumed they were same size :blushing:

Jason, I only use a saw bench, chainsaw for larger bits and an axe. Unless you got money falling out your pockets i'd put the processor on hold for now, just my opinion though

yea i think i will just keep it on hold till a get a couple of loyal costomers build up and get word of mouth..was in the local filling station there 2nite and was saying till them about it they sounded interested..they sell on average 2000 bags a year so happy days!!

thanks again ben for the help and all yous other readers 2!!