Secondhand kit and LOLER

tractorboy1

Why's were you appalled, was it misrepresented?

I've sold stuff on ebay that has failed/wouldn't pass due to age etc on ebay. I always made it clear that's the reason for me getting rid of it though. Got another harness that I will probably put on it in march when my next loler is due. It's still useful to someone, and some beer pennies for me, rather than just binning it.

R

Hopefully if the kit is 'hardly used' like you're looking for then he will have original receipts and if the gear is under 6 months old you're fine. If the kit is more than 6 months old one would hope the seller has had it lolered and so would be providing the appropriate paperwork with it. If there is no paperwork I would be dubious about buying it (especially over the internet without actually seeing it) as it would require an inspection before you would want to use it. However as long as the kit isn't obviously past it's shelf-life/working life then it can be lolered at any point and if safe, used. I'm only in Elham so give me a shout if you want any advice or gear inspected.

Why's were you appalled, was it misrepresented?

I've sold stuff on ebay that has failed/wouldn't pass due to age etc on ebay. I always made it clear that's the reason for me getting rid of it though. Got another harness that I will probably put on it in march when my next loler is due. It's still useful to someone, and some beer pennies for me, rather than just binning it.

R

The kit failed because it was no longer safe, biners that didn’t close properly, harness with damage to critical areas and a rope I wouldn’t use for towing. It was unsafe to use and he knew it.:thumbdown: