Contract templetes/pricing

treesnakey

How do you guys go about contracted work for commerical customers and how do you price and putting something in writing.

Do you do individual price for each tree or give them a price depending on size, task, access, even restricted access how far is the walk to the chipper, emergency call-outs etc.

Does anyone have a contract templates.

What have you been asked to provide?

Generally for tendering its part of the contract to submit certain information, so that is what you do. You should have a set of requirements for the contract.

If they want a lump sum, give that.

If they want per tree/size/task, then give them that.

How you set it out is up to you, how do you want to portray your business?. Scribble in crayons probably won't work!

No ones going to tell you how to do it, you learn that from all the ones you don't get.

I think what rupes trying to say is, this is an area you will have to learn the hard way, each business needs a different rate to be profitable, and only you know how long the job will take YOU and YOUR MEN.

youll make errors, even seasoned pros do, youll learn what kind of price your competitors are putting in, so when your pricing against say two other firms you already know are way more expensive than you you can raise your quote a little to gain yourself some slack for contingency!

I think what he's also asking is how do you set out the information? Not just work out the price. But your right, you have to learn that yourself, or just do it in the way you've been asked fo reach tender. They are all different.

Personally I do rolly pollys in the garden, spin on my head, try and pin the tail on a donkey, think of a number multiply by 10 divide by 2 and add a zero on the end. Put it in the post and go to the pub. I get 50% of the contracts I go for. Happy days!