Zee Claus-meister ist back

David Humphries

"Ecobiomechanics"..........what a mouthful....

Thats bad enough...check these bad boys...:001_tt2:

"..........mechanoperception and thigmomorphogenesis"

Interestingly, Niklas talks about the historical difficulties presented by language in relation to science and "progress" as he puts it. He also cites mathematics as presenting its own brand of difficulties, even describing disagreements as "vitriolic" Not sure whether this is based on historical accounts or a personal opinion.

I have to say when reading research papers I often think to myself that stating the blindingly obvious need not be quite so loquacious....:blushing:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Interestingly, Niklas talks about the historical difficulties presented by language in relation to science and "progress" as he puts it. He also cites mathematics as presenting its own brand of difficulties, even describing disagreements as "vitriolic" Not sure whether this is based on historical accounts or a personal opinion.

I have to say when reading research papers I often think to myself that stating the blindingly obvious need not be quite so loquacious....:blushing:

Maybe Nicklas is lurking here under a psuedonym, would explain where he's historically had his difficulties.......:001_tongue:

I thought this might be of interest.I have posted in this thread for reasons that will , I hope, become obvious. I have not read this short prospectus from Nilkas myself yet..

A summary from elsewhere..."plant biomechanics incorporates engineering principles into the biological sciences. Niklas et al. (2006) provide a historical overview of this subject, suggesting that Schwendener’s 1874 seminal monograph established the field of study. One of the primary goals for arborists is to minimize the risk of tree failure and research has turned towards biomechanics in an effort to better understand how trees withstand loading events. "

1874 eh.....? Geez, who's this Mattheck geezer anyway!!:001_tt2:

As if i didnt have enough reading materials this week! lol good post Bundle, thanks.:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

another angle being covered at the seminars.....

"Other topics covered will include the assessment of the integrity of the attachment of dead branches where these are retained for ecological reasons ."

from.....

Tree expert Professor Claus Mattheck to discuss disease diagnosis at seminars | Arboriculture News | Horticulture Week

I have seen him in the past, I think it was in 2005 at Capel?:confused1:

I would like to go and see him again but at £165 + VAT, IMHO, it is not good value for money. Given it is only £60 for RFS members to attended their Tree Diseases Conference this year.:thumbup:

ROYAL AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY OF ENGLAND EVENTS - CONFERENCES - TREES DISEASES CONFERENCE

Saying, that I would pay the money and more to see Schwarze:sneaky2:

I have seen him in the past, I think it was in 2005 at Capel?:confused1:

I would like to go and see him again but at £165 + VAT, IMHO, it is not good value for money. Given it is only £60 for RFS members to attended their Tree Diseases Conference this year.:thumbup:

ROYAL AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY OF ENGLAND EVENTS - CONFERENCES - TREES DISEASES CONFERENCE

Saying, that I would pay the money and more to see Schwarze:sneaky2:

Claus is worth the money, no question, I would also pay similar to see shwarze! With CPD you tend to get what you pay for, you also have to select which ones will be of most value to you as we cant attend them all!

I am always keen to learn more from the Mighty Claus, the guys a legend and hillarious as well as genius, an odd combination:thumbup1:

Claus is worth the money, no question

I am always keen to learn more from the Mighty Claus, the guys a legend and hillarious as well as genius, an odd combination:thumbup1:

I agree despite not having had the experience myself yet...I have had to wait a while for this particular delivery from Claus as the "Elite" training not only sounds a bit up its own arse ( I'm sure it isnt!! :blushing:) but the cost is in a way different league.

Really looking forward to this update workshop. Well worth the money I have no doubt atall.

I agree despite not having had the experience myself yet...I have had to wait a while for this particular delivery from Claus as the "Elite" training not only sounds a bit up its own arse ( I'm sure it isnt!! :blushing:) but the cost is in a way different league.

Really looking forward to this update workshop. Well worth the money I have no doubt atall.

Bundle, believe me I begged borrowed and stole to get on the "elite training" I was expecting it to be a bit as you say... but it was far far and away not the case. For anyone who needs a reference for the validity and down to earth nature of this elite training believe me, it was and will for all my days be the greatest most enjoyable CPD thing ive ever done.

DO IT! youll not regret it, Claus is the greatest teacher ive ever known, generous with his time and for a man of his stature and genius he is the MOST humble down to earth guy on the planet.

I also cannot speak highly enough of Helen and Mick, or the Hosting facilities at bradgate, the four days will be etched on my memories for eternity.

Claus is the funniest guy youll meet i swear, had us all in stiches for four days!

Read Elite as "first class" and youll get some idea of this CPD event.