Stihl Ms251C throttle linkage

Al Mayne

Went to fire up the chainsaw today. Started fine, but zero response when I squeezed the throttle. 

Opening it up, I can see that when I press the throttle, the throttle rod moves but does not appear to be connected to anything! Am hoping someone can perhaps send me a photo of how it should look (or a video of it moving even better), I am assuming mine has somehow unhooked from a connection? The rod literally has zero impact on the carb as it stands, it just moves a small amount with no impact!

Odd since it was fine when I put it away a few weeks back or so I thought!  

Am awaiting a tghin walled 8mm socket to take the air filter housing off to access the carb and try to figure out where the throttle connection should be! 

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Dan, did that and it helped! Worked out that the throttle rod bar had indeed come out of position and could be put in with relative ease but the addition of a cable tie may assist it in not coming out again!

Super helpful - thanks.  

• Like 2