Pine tree ill health?

petestarbuck

Alrite folks.

I need a bit of advice regarding an austrian pine im due to crown raise in a couple of weeks. I quoted it about 7 weeks ago and just got the go ahead from the council to do the work. when i looked at it, it looked perfectly healthy. drove past the house today and saw that about 50% of the needle area has browned off. There is a macarocarpa about 40ft away which is very healthy. It is in a coastal village, so could the salt air cause this, or possibly the cold weather lately. I have looked at other pines locally and they all seem fine. Any advice on this would be gratefully received, im a bit stumped.

Cheers then.

Might be worth considering Dothistroma septosporum although I've never heard of it on Austrian Pine... doesn't mean its not the culprit though!

Bless!:biggrin:

could be a gas pipe leak/sewerage from flooding etc etc etc maybe its rooted into a drain and the next door nieghbour just changed his oil DIY style! it could be ANYTHING

cheers felllas, im going to have a closer look at bit later, I'll try and get some photos uploaded if i can figure it out, not too good at the computer stuff.

The thing that has got me concerned about the tree is the speed with which the needles have gone brown. Its only been about 7 weeks since i looked at it and it was showing no signs of any problems then.

Cheers