Travel Insurance

Gnarlyoak

Can anybody out there recommend an insurance company that can provide travel insurance to cover a tree surgeon working in another EU country.

What I need is a company that offers all the usual travel insurance which also allows you work in this profession who then is'nt going to turn round and say its not going to cover you for medical costs etc. if you break your back falling out of a tree or if you cut your arm off with a chainsaw! (Hypothetically speaking of course, but hey you never know whats around the corner)

I've been trawling the web all day today, lots of "business" travel policys out there but no one seems interested in offering cover to anyone working at height or doing any hard/heavy physical labour on the ground. Of course mincing around in a suit attending meetings with a laptop and a blackberry your sorted, stomp about in a brash pile in a pair of crusty Stihls waving an MS200T in the air and your avoided like the bloody plague.

Our last trip to Argentina was covered by NFU's travel insurance policy and covered accidents at work. My mate had to take it out for all of us as NFU would not sell me the policy as I didn't already get cover from them. You could try your exesting work cover for an extension too, Lycets gave extended PL to cover overseas

"I'd avoid you like the plague if you were doing either"

Aye, best to step back I might slip and wipe my putrid bubonic pusstules on yer 'ed! :001_tt2:

Anyhoo sorted now.

Rang a broker today, can I get travel and work insurance as a tree surgeon? Er, no!

Can I get travel insurance? Oh yes!

Can I get Personal Injury accident insurance (PIAI) as a tree surgeon? Yes!

Would PIAI cover me if injured working in EU? Yes, both the UK & EU!

So I can get two individual policies to cover both but not a single policy covering both? Oh yes!

Ah well of course, why pay for one policy when I can get scr£*ed for two and get a few extra pounds poorer whilst I make the multi-billion pound insurance companies a few quid richer. Seems fair to me. :confused1:

Well luckily I already have a Personal Injury accident plan, (through a high stree ins. broker) and yes it also covers me for working in EU. So result. Just need to buy cheap travel insurance of tinterweb and were sorted. :thumbup: