Weighing Wood before and after Seaoning

Billhook

Bought these wood tongs with a 1500 kg capacity and 50 inch opening and fitted a weighing scale out of interest to see how much weight was lost in seasoning.
Will have to wait a year for the results!

[/url]  

This one weighted exactly 1500 kg

Tell me you’re going mill that log?
Not firewood...[emoji848]

I AM GOING TO MILL THAT LOG!
It actually belongs to my neighbour who wants a table or two from it.  Massive sycamore that was blown over just clipping his house and breaking a few roof tiles and denting his beloved Freelander!

Top man! [emoji106]
You’ll get some lovely boards from that [emoji108]

1 hour ago, Rough Hewn said:

Top man! emoji106.png
You’ll get some lovely boards from that emoji108.png

Those tongs are brilliant for positioning the log between the rails  (you can see the Lucas Saw rails in the background) once you have established the centre of gravity.  The pivot means that you can swivel the 1.5 ton log around with just one finger!

They also seem to grab the log first time without me needing to leave the Teleporter and hammer the jaws in,  as I have had to do with other makes.