Schliesing mx 220 belt change

MattyF

Any one done this and can help ???

I’m looking at mine after one v belt has snapped and I’m guessing it’s as simple as this...

undo the PTO pump that requires one bolt this should slide out??

IMG_1612373799.270766.jpg

Screw the slack adjuster up pushing the engine up.

IMG_1612373839.799065.jpg

Now I’m guessing but not sure that is it I can now now install new belts but how far can I wind the adjuster up and is there any thing I’ve missed?? any tricks to getting all four belts on easily?

Aye pete there mechanic was out at overland when I rang  today and he was the same last time I rang as well a few weeks back , can’t get a more helpful guy when you do but I want to get stuck in and done...  apparently it’s self adjusting so I just didn’t want to wind it up to get the slack and mess up some thing!

nothing in the manual apart from the belts are self adjusting and the position of the tensioner

Sounds like the engine sits on a pad,,hinged up by the radiator. Support the back of the 3ngine with a jack, remove that bolt circled red and the mesh guard. Lift up the back of the engine enough to remove the old belts, fit the new four and lower the engine. Refit the cover and bolt and all should be good!

Sorry, yes, you will need to remove the hydraulic pump then replace in the same spot exactly! 

• Like 1

Matty, while you got the tension of the pulleys, check the condition of the rotor bearings with a lever, and also have a feel of the bottom support bearing too. The engine should sit fully on the belts and the bolt free to allow the engine to sag a bit. New belts ved in and stretch a tad, if the engine sits on the bolt heads, the belts are in effect, loose.