Kindling processor and off-cuts/rings

amc

I've been to Fuelwood in the past and demo'd their Kindlet machine. Seems good etc but before paying out for one I'd hire one first (I've seen member Kindlets adds and posts).

Is it possible to make it pay producing kindling buying in softwood lengths by the artic load to cut up and then put thru a kindlet? Is the kindling produced marketable with some bark on?

If I could get a good regular supply of clean factory off-cuts this would make sense but is it worth cutting it down to six inch lengths and do you not produce too much waste under 6 inch? (I've seen the pics of 76AR's injury, I'd stear clear of a circular saw. Hope its healing ok.)

How many 40 x 50 nets would you get roughly out of a builders/dumpy/tonne bag of 6inch rings/ off-cuts?

Ta muchly

I've been to Fuelwood in the past and demo'd their Kindlet machine. Seems good etc but before paying out for one I'd hire one first (I've seen member Kindlets adds and posts).

Is it possible to make it pay producing kindling buying in softwood lengths by the artic load to cut up and then put thru a kindlet? Is the kindling produced marketable with some bark on?

If I could get a good regular supply of clean factory off-cuts this would make sense but is it worth cutting it down to six inch lengths and do you not produce too much waste under 6 inch? (I've seen the pics of 76AR's injury, I'd stear clear of a circular saw. Hope its healing ok.)

How many 40 x 50 nets would you get roughly out of a builders/dumpy/tonne bag of 6inch rings/ off-cuts?

Ta muchly

I use offcuts for all of my kindling.

In a very full builders bag of 6" offcuts you will get between 30-35 nets of kindling. every 4-5 bags produces of good offcuts you will produce a bag of offcuts which i sell fo £12.50 per bag.

With the new kindlett machine you can realistically produce 60-70 bags of kindling per hour.

If you are ever in the north east soon feel free to give me a call and come and have a look at our set up.

Cant answer your questions on rings as i have never used them.

Regards

76AR

It is well worth buying a artic load of round wood ask your supplier for 2.4meter bars u will pay £35.00 to £40.00 a tonne for them deliverd bars are from 5inch to 10inch diammeter ,its better than buying a load of chipwood they will be cleaner.u will get 2500 to 3000 40x50nets out of a load.I hire a kindlett machine out its a 2005 model one man can operate it u will do 50 nets an hour with it,the new turbo verion will do 70 to 80 but u need 2 men to operate it.

I charge £750.00 a month +my fuel expenses to deliver and collect have a look on ebay i have it advertised on there.or have look on classifieds on here good luck

I bought a kindlet last month been to busy with logs to play with it properly. My brother did a couple of hours preparing off cuts and two hours with kindlet produced around a hundred bags. We are thinking better to buy 6m lengths of planed rejects and feed through wood processor. a truck load of softwood is better than spending hours with a dewalt chop saw imo. Unless you can sell in quantity at £2 a bag you will be slaving to make someone rich who is sat on there a***e .

• 4 weeks later...
I use offcuts for all of my kindling.

In a very full builders bag of 6" offcuts you will get between 30-35 nets of kindling. every 4-5 bags produces of good offcuts you will produce a bag of offcuts which i sell fo £12.50 per bag.

With the new kindlett machine you can realistically produce 60-70 bags of kindling per hour.

If you are ever in the north east soon feel free to give me a call and come and have a look at our set up.

Cant answer your questions on rings as i have never used them.

Regards

76AR

The KINDLET Machine may be capable of producing 60-70 bags per hour but how long would it take to cut the offcuts to size.If you can cut more than 20 per hour,I would be very interested in knowing how you do it.I have an excellent supply of kiln dried offcuts

but I can only manage to cut enough wood to size in one hour to fill 12-15 bags.If I had a KINDLET I would need 4 sawa and 4 opperators to keep up with the KIndlet.

It is well worth buying a artic load of round wood ask your supplier for 2.4meter bars u will pay £35.00 to £40.00 a tonne for them deliverd bars are from 5inch to 10inch diammeter ,its better than buying a load of chipwood they will be cleaner.u will get 2500 to 3000 40x50nets out of a load.I hire a kindlett machine out its a 2005 model one man can operate it u will do 50 nets an hour with it,the new turbo verion will do 70 to 80 but u need 2 men to operate it.

I charge £750.00 a month +my fuel expenses to deliver and collect have a look on ebay i have it advertised on there.or have look on classifieds on here good luck

Could you please tell me wher you get the bars from.

any contacts would be appreciated.

The KINDLET Machine may be capable of producing 60-70 bags per hour but how long would it take to cut the offcuts to size.If you can cut more than 20 per hour,I would be very interested in knowing how you do it.I have an excellent supply of kiln dried offcuts

but I can only manage to cut enough wood to size in one hour to fill 12-15 bags.If I had a KINDLET I would need 4 sawa and 4 opperators to keep up with the KIndlet.

kaydee,

in one day my 2 lads cut between 20 -25 builders bags of ofcuts ready for the kindler. the next day they kindle them and produce around 600 nets.

this process is then repeated each day and by friday there are surpluss bags of offcuts ready and another full day of kindling is done.

if you are ever in the area feel free to come over and see me and have a look round.

regards

adam

I am looking for a supply of long timber rejects if anyone knows of any in the south I would be interested. I have short pieces of planed construction timber but as someone said it takes an hour to prepare for one hour of kinlet use . I may try a 17 tonne load of douglas fir but have a feeling the bark may be a problem. If you use construction off cuts u need to make sure it is not stamped or showing a green hue as this has been treated with preservative and cant be used. The quickest way I can see is to cut it with a wood processor without the splitter. selling kindling wholesale looks a con from what I can see you have to pay for thier bags up front then wait for them to pay the invoice ? . If I run out of work and there are no paper rounds I may try and sell wholesale.:lol: