Help Hakki pilke disaster

gensetsteve

My ageing Hakki Pilki 2x has been churning out logs like mad and I was warming to its shortcomings when. Bang I started it up, one of the splitters was frozen and the machine ripped itself to bits. I dont think this could happen on the machines with a single ram. Any advice do i bodge it back together or cut my losses and buy another new one quick. The machine was 4 when i bought it and I think it had some serious use then now 9 years old. I was thinking of a bigger machine but then I need log deck to load large timber more forklifts noise damage to ground etc . 8k for a 370mm machine may be the way to go?

have been told the old ones are the better built ones....... just try before you buy.

i flew over to ireland to try mine and mike large picked me up from the airport, took me onsite to meet the lads working felling trees, took out for lunch, shown round the yard, tried several machines and dropped back to airport.

nice day out and bought a machine off him a few months later.......but it did have problems and have been very well looked after.

we have not been without issues though with the machine but it does get fixed and runs well mine is a 42greenspeed

M large tree have been spot on with us cant fault them. Its shame they are so far away. we do get alot of timber over 12" but am thinking dice it and use our decent vertical splitter. I split a double load the other day in 40 minutes I would think 20 mins to dice it. It takes 40 mins on our 2x and I need to cut that in half ( to old and knackered to lift 8fts all day )

oh dont get me wrong, 10 out of 10 for service, same with fuelwood, we all have faults but i have been looked after...................very well in some instances by both companies.

wish i could say the same about a scottish company though.

vertical splitting takes longer. have you thought about billeting 4 ft long then putting through processer. works ok for me but is double handling

oh dont get me wrong, 10 out of 10 for service, same with fuelwood, we all have faults but i have been looked after...................very well in some instances by both companies.

wish i could say the same about a scottish company though.

vertical splitting takes longer. have you thought about billeting 4 ft long then putting through processer. works ok for me but is double handling

Just bought a kindlet good service so far. Part of the reason our processor is so old spent the dosh on a kindlet :blushing:

Spent £60 with another company not sure if in Scotland was amazed at attitude and poor service.

Spent a large part of the summer billeting with vertical splitter thought it was hard work but ideal if covered storage is full. The billets seem to foul our hakki more as they are dry and brittle also mountains of saw dust.

if chainsaw......billet and process fresh

if circular saw...billet then process when dry

yes lots of saw dust....but the horses get lots of bedding

Thanks for the tip I will do it. The reason we were billeting was lack of covered space so it will knock that advantage on the head. I had a load of timber in and most of it was over 12" we now steer our supplier towards smaller stuff. It may pay me to ring and leave till winter and split into delivery trailer. We were getting more timber by taking big stuff due to less air space but i think your better with less wood and less work ?

we have not been without issues though with the machine but it does get fixed and runs well mine is a 42greenspeed

What problems have you had with the 1x42, i am trading in my 1x37 for one of these machines, is it just small things or some major problems you have had,

Mike

What problems have you had with the 1x42, i am trading in my 1x37 for one of these machines, is it just small things or some major problems you have had,

Mike

if you are buying a brand new model then any problems i had will not happen with your machine.

this is because i worked with m.large and massalan when i was having problems, suggested and fitted the new modifications and strengthening and all working fine now. all these changes have now been adapted to the new models

other owners have also made suggestions/ modifications which have also been adapted.

if anything goes wrong, then it should be small. good machines:thumbup1:

if you are buying a brand new model then any problems i had will not happen with your machine.

this is because i worked with m.large and massalan when i was having problems, suggested and fitted the new modifications and strengthening and all working fine now. all these changes have now been adapted to the new models

other owners have also made suggestions/ modifications which have also been adapted.

if anything goes wrong, then it should be small. good machines:thumbup1:

Thanks, that is good to know:thumbup: